Light-O-Rama Forums

Shuffle in LOR II

mb87

Is the shuffle feature any better in LOR II than in LOR I? During off hours I am playing Christmas music over my FM channel, without the lights running. I'm doing this 24 hours a day, just for fun. I thought that since I have the radio I might as well use it!

Anyway, I setup my library of Christmas music and sequences (without turning the lights on) and this works great, except for the Shuffle. Shuffle in LOR I frequently plays a song 2 times in a row or 2 times if 4 songs. I'm not sure that it ultimately plays all of my songs. I'm guessing that it doesn't.

Another forum member suggested last year that the shuffle algorithum is weak. If so, is it any better in LOR II?

This is not a big deal this year but I am hoping for better next year.

Please let me know.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to using LOR II for next year!

Thanks!

mb87

Try using Dan Penn's "Light Show Primer." He developed it last year and posted it on his website as a free download. I used it last year with LOR I and am using it this year with LOR II. No problems. The link to the program is http://PennLights.com/Sequences

You can read about it on PC at http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=10369&forum_id=25&highlight=light+show+primer

mb87 wrote:

Is the shuffle feature any better in LOR II than in LOR I?

Well, it's the same as it was, but personally I think it's "better" the way it is! :)

I actually like it when the same song repeats back to back. I've been that way ever since I got my first CD player with a "shuffle" feature way back in the '80s. It makes me think that the computer (or CD player or whatever) "likes" that song.

Anyway, you're right, we probably should have different shuffle options for the people who disagree with me on this. Perhaps at least the following two options:
  • Allow/don't allow the same song to be played twice in a row (if possible).
  • Allow/don't allow a song to be played twice if there are still songs that haven't been played at all.

Bob,

Thanks for your response. I'm definitely an option B person. I would prefer that all songs play before they start repeating. However it wouldn't bother me if both options were available.

I'm hoping that Dan or someone else at LOR will read this post after Christmas and that perhaps they can address the issue before next Christmas!

Michael