Light-O-Rama Forums

WOW oh WOW oh WOW

LightORamaDan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Thought I would post this link: http://www.shadrack.com/christmas/

Here is LOR II in is glory... 1300+ channels... I am humbled that LOR could be a part of this display...

The videos tell the story!

Dan, And well you deserve to be proud. That is a jaw-dropping display. Congratulations to your whole team.

Happy Happy Holidays to you all.

Martin

grandad wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Here is LOR II in is glory... 1300+ channels... I am humbled that LOR could be a part of this display...

Dan, And well you deserve to be proud. That is a jaw-dropping display. Congratulations to your whole team.

Martin

Thanks Martin,

Just want to make sure that credit goes where it is deserved. We supplied the lighting equipement and the software. The customer supplied the vision and set the display up completely on their own.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

grandad wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Martin

Thanks Martin,

Just want to make sure that credit goes where it is deserved. We supplied the lighting equipement and the software. The customer supplied the vision and set the display up completely on their own.

Dan

Awesome, Totally. I first read fast and thought 1300 lights, then realized channels. Now that must have been a wiring nightmare.

Wow... All LED's too, my head just exploded thinking of the $$'s involved there...

Sure would like to see it in person...

-Tim

Oh Man!! I had planned to do they exact same display for my '08 show. Now I'm gonna seem like a copycat if I do it.

That was pretty impressive though....could you imagine the programming time for all that?? 450 hours????

Thanks for the post.

Scott

Kirk Vendel wrote:

Go Fish has some great songs to put to lights

Agreed. We're using two of them (Little Drummer Boy and Joy to the World)

-Tim

scottsgrfx wrote:

Go Fish....... Must be a group right?, gosh I hope so, I don't want to sound dumb since I've never hears of them.

www.gofishguys.com

Their album "snow" is really good...

-Tim

I built a 7 segment arch. Basicly it is PVC pipe, I used 50' light strings wrapped around the pipe to fill about 13" then the PVC can be straight/bent or whatever. I would LOVE to have the controllers to run a dozen arches or so. They are very cool.

Take a look at this one;

Jerry

waterfreak wrote:

nevermind...i got it...i should have known. TSO

Thats Manheim Steamroller.
I use it in my show here.

I was thinking about how to control 16 segment arches with the minimum number of controllers. Here is what I came up with.

The PRIMARY controller would generate the flash sequence of the 16 segments of all the arches. SECONDARY controllers would enable the arches.

This would require a sub-controller for each arch that would have a triac or relay for each segment of the arch. The triacs or relays would be controlled by the PRIMARY controller channels. The power to the arch would be supplied by the channels of the SECONDARY controllers to in effect, enable each arch.

There would be a 17 conductor cable (16 segments plus one common) that would string from the PRIMARY controller to each arch sub-controller. There would be a 2 conductor cable from one channel of a SECONDARY controller that would go to each arch sub-controller. The 16 segments of lights for an arch would plug into a sub-controller.

Attached is a simple block diagram to help with the description.

I would be interested in any feedback that anyone may have. I have not yet looked into the cost of building a sub-controller but it would definitely be a lot cheaper than buying a controller for each arch.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Roger M.

P.S. – Thanks to Dan and crew for a fantastic product.

Attached files 146931=8628-Arch.jpeg