Light-O-Rama Forums

Control lights option

oj70chevy

Sure this is an easy fix but I just cant find it. under play the control lights option will not stay checked so I have to check it every time I play a song. And if I check it before I play the song it will uncheck itself and I have to go back and click it to turn on the lights. Any ideas as it has never done this before..

Thanks

Ralph

sorry, I can't help you with that one.

what does the control lights function do anyway?

I've seen it, but never used it.

just clicked it to see if it stayed checked, which it didn't,

but didn't seen anything do anything differently than when I just click play..???

ok, just read this -
Control Lights

If "Control Lights" is enabled in the Play menu of the Sequence Editor, then whenever it plays a sequence, the Sequence Editor will send lighting effect commands to your controllers, causing your actual lights to be used.

I've hooked up my floods and played while viewing visualizer and they work fine.

I didn't know you were supposed to click this. I wonder if it's left over from previous versions?

What version are you running?

• Like 1

Unless you have your network adaptors connected the blue light will not stay on. You need to have all of them that are assigned com ports in your network preference connected.

The control lights command is current and occurs in all versions. It enables you to work with the SE and NOT have the lights in the yard blinking. It's actually a very useful function.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

Unless you have your network adaptors connected the blue light will not stay on. You need to have all of them that are assigned com ports in your network preference connected.

The control lights command is current and occurs in all versions. It enables you to work with the SE and NOT have the lights in the yard blinking. It's actually a very useful function.

As always, good info George. I use the miniDirector so PC is not hooked up to yard. That function would be a must in that setup.

Thanks for clearing it up.