Light-O-Rama Forums

No window on edit -> audio file.

scott_farmer

Hello, brand new user here. I'm trying to load up the demo sequences from the main LOR site and when I go to choose the audio files by clicking edit -> audio file, no window pops up to let me choose the file. If I create a new sequence and do the same thing, the browse window pops up, but not when I open the demo sequences. A few searches across the board for "edit audio file" comes up with no similar posts.

Does anyone out there know what I could be doing wrong?

scott_farmer wrote:

Hello, brand new user here. I'm trying to load up the demo sequences from the main LOR site and when I go to choose the audio files by clicking edit -> audio file, no window pops up to let me choose the file. If I create a new sequence and do the same thing, the browse window pops up, but not when I open the demo sequences. A few searches across the board for "edit audio file" comes up with no similar posts.

Does anyone out there know what I could be doing wrong?

Is the audio file selection grayed out. If so then the sequence is most likely an animation sequence and cannot have an audio file associated with it.

The edit ->audio file option is selectable. When I choose it the sequencer flashes really quickly like the window is trying to pop up, but it never displays. I've also looked behind all of my other windows to see if it was popping up in the background. I just downloaded a sequence from lightoramasequences.com, and I can choose the audio file option on that sequence, but I can not use them on the demo sequences downloaded from the LOR site. I'm guessing they were made in an older version of sequencer and the software can't completely recognize them? Grasping at straws here. ;)

It should still load and read it. if you are using LOR I or even LOR II it would not matter as the new version would convert it to the new file format if you changed something and tried to save it. then it would only be recognized by LORII.

The audio selection is under media file in LORII under the edit tab.

Which version are you using?

1.6.15. I bought and downloaded last night. The demo sequences load fine and I can see the sequence, but when I try to play it it can't find the music file (obviously) since it does not come with the file. I have my own copy of the mp3, it's just the edit -> audio file option won't pop up the windows browse window.

Very odd.

ARe you sure you have the full version and not the demo version?

If you had the demo version you may want to unistall lor all versions, backup any work you have done first then reinstall.

I was thinking somewhere along those lines because I had the demo version installed first then I installed the full version. I removed them both earlier today and did a reinstall of the version I downloaded after my purchase.

I can create an animation sequence and run my lights, and I can use the hardware utility to see my controllers and run through tests so I'm 99.999% sure I've got the full registered version.

The version I have includes the show scheduler, sequencer, hardware utility, etc.

Thanks for the input!

Scott.

fire_paramedic wrote:

there is a utility that wipes all instances or lor from your registry and it may still be hanging on to a demo item in the registry blocking the audio.

unistall then run this. its up to you it may do the trick.

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORRegistryWipe.exe

Guys -

The demo version works fine with audio files, it just won't control the lights. Something else is happening here.

D.T.

I am not sure what can be happening here. There isn't a path specified in the sequence file. It seems like it is getting some type of error when it goes to open window so the window never opens.

I agree with using the reg-wipe program.

Dan

I downloaded the registry wipe utility, removed all of the LOR software, ran the wipe utility, and reinstalled the LOR software. Same result. When I try to load the audio file for the demo shows the audio file menu item is selectable, but the browse window will never show up.

Again, any file I create will let the window open correctly, and any files I download from the lightoramasequences.com site will let me open the window. It just seems that the demo sequences don't work.

Baffeling.

Scott.

OK, I found a work around.

I opened the demo sequence file and looked at the timings. Since they were all .05 sec with a bit of a gap a the beginning, I could recreate the timings easily. I opened a new file, pointed to my mp3, and set a beginning interval of my new sequence at the same spot as the origional file. I then did the same at the end of the new file. Then after some simple math, I used the insert multiple events option to fill in 1800 intervals which worked out to be on the exact same timing as the origional file. Then a simple selectl all, copy on the origional file, and a paste on the new file and I'm good to go.

I'm still concerned that the audio file option is not working, but at least now I can use the demo sequences.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Scott.