Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizing Pixels in Sequence Editor

jstorms

This video shows how to represent pixels in the Sequence Editor's visualizer called the "Analyzer".

Not the stand alone visualizer that was introduced in 3.0, but the one actually built into the Sequence Editor that you click on the filmstrip looking button to access. Certainly, not the coolest thing with the standalone visualizer out there as well as the new pixel editor in 4.0. So why use it? Well the performance is really good, and it is very accessible. Plus I use it, I was updating the analyzer to show my pixel Megawreaths and I figured I'd hit the record button while I worked.

it's the Animator not the Analyzer :)

We don't recommend (but do appreciate your time) anyone continue to use the Animator.  S4 Visualizer makes pixels MUCH easier to use than S3.  Performance is many times greater than it was in S3 with the new rendering engine.  Most importantly, the Animator has not been supported since the release of S3.  The Animator will NOT be able to display any commands from Intensity Files, nor can it properly simulate Cosmic Color Devices, and will not be updated to do so.

The Visualizer has been around now for several years (4 or 5).  We may in the future decide to remove the Animator completely.  If you haven't yet taken the time to convert to the Visualizer you should.

Thanks for making the video however!  I think it's great when you guys help each other out like that, and I certainly don't want to dissuade you from doing it in the future! :)

Agreed lots of sexier ways to do things over the "Animator", but it is very handy and light weight. Now that perf is better I need to get my house into the stand alone visualizer. Something that I haven't gotten to since moving a few years back.

I'm hoping for a video on the visualizer and the pixel editor soon.  I downloaded the beta but I'm more puzzled than anything as to how it works with what I currently have.