Light-O-Rama Forums

Open existing sequence, blank

LarryDrumAZ

I have an existing sequence for this year.  I have created a preview and assigned all my pixels to the proper universe(s).  However, when I open the existing sequence, the timing grid is blank.  Does the PE not import existing sequences?  

Nope. Unless it was done in Nutcracker, or at least I think it will open if it was done or imported to Nutcracker. I think it's a bummer but it is what it is.

I have not downloaded the beta, but was wondering if the sequences that I created in SuperStar and exported will work in the new pixel editor? I only have 2 starbursts that run on a DMX, and also created those sequences in Superstar. Everything I have sequenced for my pixals (LOR Pixels) and ( LOR Dumb RGBs) and the HolidayCoro DMX starburst (Universe #! and #@) where sequenced in SuperStar. I really hope I don't have to start over. CAn anyone answer this?

Thanks

I have not downloaded the beta, but was wondering if the sequences that I created in SuperStar and exported will work in the new pixel editor? I only have 2 starbursts that run on a DMX, and also created those sequences in Superstar. Everything I have sequenced for my pixals (LOR Pixels) and ( LOR Dumb RGBs) and the HolidayCoro DMX starburst (Universe #! and #@) where sequenced in SuperStar. I really hope I don't have to start over. CAn anyone answer this?

Thanks

Good question

I'm in the same situation as you; used Superstar this last year for all my pixels.

I would hate to have to start over

Edited by wmilkie

I have an existing sequence for this year.  I have created a preview and assigned all my pixels to the proper universe(s).  However, when I open the existing sequence, the timing grid is blank.  Does the PE not import existing sequences?  

We are working on an enhancement along those lines. Once you have created a preview and assigned your pixels to the same LOR Unit IDs/Channels or DMX universe/address then you will be able to see and modify those props in the Pixel Editor. We are planning releases on Wednesdays and Fridays during the beta (if required for an enhancement or bug fix)... We hope to have this enhancement in tomorrows release but worst case it will be in next Wednesday's release. 

More details on how to use this feature will be available when it is released. 

Good question

I'm in the same situation as you; used Superstar this last year for all my pixels.

I would hate to have to start over

All of the features that will be in the production release are not complete in this beta software. It had been too long coming and I wanted to get the software into people's hands so they could start playing with it. 

As far as SuperStar is concerned, it can use the same type of intensity files as the Pixel Editor. One feature we will be adding is a "merge" on play with Superstar effects and Pixel Editor effects. That way you can use the Pixel Editor to fill in between Super Star effects and visa versa... 

However, once you have imported a super star sequence into the sequence editor, you can then open it in the Pixel Editor with the new enhancement I just described above. 

I think that at this point Super Star users will have a neat advantage of adding "special custom effects" created by Super Star to effects that are quick to create in Pixel Editor. 

We are working on an enhancement along those lines. Once you have created a preview and assigned your pixels to the same LOR Unit IDs/Channels or DMX universe/address then you will be able to see and modify those props in the Pixel Editor. We are planning releases on Wednesdays and Fridays during the beta (if required for an enhancement or bug fix)... We hope to have this enhancement in tomorrows release but worst case it will be in next Wednesday's release. 

That is going to be great Dan. That is going to polish off this upgrade perfect. Thanks!

Sweet, thanks!

All of the features that will be in the production release are not complete in this beta software. It had been too long coming and I wanted to get the software into people's hands so they could start playing with it. 

As far as SuperStar is concerned, it can use the same type of intensity files as the Pixel Editor. One feature we will be adding is a "merge" on play with Superstar effects and Pixel Editor effects. That way you can use the Pixel Editor to fill in between Super Star effects and visa versa... 

However, once you have imported a super star sequence into the sequence editor, you can then open it in the Pixel Editor with the new enhancement I just described above. 

I think that at this point Super Star users will have a neat advantage of adding "special custom effects" created by Super Star to effects that are quick to create in Pixel Editor. 

Sounds very cool, thanks

Easing my stress level.  Merging these is right up my ally.  

Hopefully one day it will be possible to have both SS and PE going at the same time and easily add effects or control single pixels in one program.  

I know...I know....it is 2 programs and each with its own distinct operations.  But I can dream can't I??

But ability to merge them is going to be a nice solution.

Easing my stress level.  Merging these is right up my ally.  

Hopefully one day it will be possible to have both SS and PE going at the same time and easily add effects or control single pixels in one program.  

I know...I know....it is 2 programs and each with its own distinct operations.  But I can dream can't I??

But ability to merge them is going to be a nice solution.

+1 :)