Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating then pasting into sequence editor

mackdave

Can you create a sequence in pixel editor then open it in the sequence editor and paste it to a existing sequence?

The idea behind S4 is to sequence your pixels with the Pixel Editor or Super Star. When you are ready to run your show, you have the Pixel Editor or Super Star create an intensity data file for that sequence which efficiently stores all of the pixel data in a format that the Sequence Editor and show player can read. Pixels are not in your LMS/LAS file, leaving it with just your traditional channels - a much smaller file that loads much faster too.

Does this mean we lose the ability to program pixels individually, when necessary for the effect we desire? 

Then that translates into NO as the answer to the OP?

How, exactly, does one line up Pixel Editor effects with regular channel effects to within 1/100 of a second?

Is there anything in the Pixel Editor comparable to the stretch-to-fit paste option in the SE?

Edited by George Simmons

And how does one see the intensity file once in Sequence editor?

And how does one see it play in visualizer?  

The idea behind S4 is to sequence your pixels with the Pixel Editor or Super Star. When you are ready to run your show, you have the Pixel Editor or Super Star create an intensity data file for that sequence which efficiently stores all of the pixel data in a format that the Sequence Editor and show player can read. Pixels are not in your LMS/LAS file, leaving it with just your traditional channels - a much smaller file that loads much faster too.

I was hoping for one place to sequence and preview the sequence in visualizer.  Opening smaller files is nice but I am more concerned about seeing the show on my screen long before I display it in my yard.

Mr Brown:

Does this mean all of the pixels sequences that I created in Superstar and exported them to their own file, then in my main sequence I load these pixel sequences in as a sub sequence, will not work with the new software?

I know the pixel editor file shows up at the bottom of your sequence in SE. And then I played the sequence through the visualizer. I could see everything. But you do have to have the pixel editor prop of fixture set up in the visualizer.

My problem for not seeing the information is caused by a bug. When I export to a new file from superstar, the pixel intensity file was not exporting to the correct location. Brian is correcting.

Without that file I could not see the pixel data in the sequence editor. I just saw an empty sequence editor screen.

Yeah I found it at the bottom and you can't do anything with it in SE, Let me be a frank, It's the stupidest thing ever. Looks like I can save myself money because the pixel editor won't let me export it as channels that I can modifiy in SE.

Looks like I have to destroy a sequence file to get rid of that.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

• 2 weeks later...

Matt (or anybody)

Maybe this a silly question, but I'm confused as how to export my PE file to SE and actually turn some lights one;

I have a sequence I created in SE which works; opens and outputs to e131 lights

opened it in PE

added some effects

saved it; shows up as a .lpe file

when I go to SE, to open the file, the file does not show up; only .lms files show up

I can see it with explorer, 

probably something really stupid I'm doing but can't figure it out

Edited by wmilkie