Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 log files?

ericg2000

does s3 keep an type of log files anywhere on the harddrive?  i'm using win 7 on a macbook pro via bootcamp.  i had 13gig free space yesterday, i did some programming last night now i noticed i'm down to 9gig free space.  i haven't installed anything nor downloaded anything.  just curious where my disk space went

I don't know for sure but even if they did I'm sure it wouldn't be 4 Gig. That would be one masive log file!! :blink:

Not that I've ever found. Unless you saved a lot of huge sequences, you have some other issues going on.

BTW, if you're down to 13GB of disk space left, I would be looking at some disk clean up, or more disk space.

It doesn't seem likely to me that LOR suddenly took four GB from your hard drive unless you've recently made some really big sequences.  With that said, I have often found the free program "WinDirStat" to be useful for figuring out what is taking up how much drive space, so you might want to give that a try.  Basically you tell it what drive or drives you want it to analyze, it starts calculating, and eventually (perhaps after a fairly long time) it shows you the results, both in a graphical form and in a drill-down tree.  For example the tree will show you something like "C:\Blah" is taking up 100 MB.  If you click on the entry for C:\Blah in the drill-down tree, it will then show you that C:\Blah\Blong is taking 80 MB, C:\Blah\Bloop is taking 15 MB, and C:\Blah\Blamp is taking 5MB.  And you can keep drilling down further and further.

To be clear, WinDirStat is a third party application that is completely unrelated to Light-O-Rama, and I personally have no knowledge of it beyond that of being a user of it, so this is not an official LOR endorsement of it, or anything like that.  All I know is it seems good to me.

You can get WinDirStat from here.

Oh, also, if WinDirStat reveals to you that LOR did suddenly take four gig from your hard drive, please let me know.  Thanks.

Another vote for WinDirStat.....

The Visualizer does keep a log file for errors.  It can be found in your Light-O-Rama data directory under 'Visualizations\System\errorlog.txt'