Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 8 or even 10

NEWTOUR

Has anyone started using windows 8 or windows 10 with LOR. IF so have you had any issues. I was looking into going from XP to 7, 8, or 10. Hopefully 10 so I don't have to upgrade again any time soon. Any advise is helpful. Thanks

A lot of people have been using windows 8 without a problem, I did! A lot of people don't like it; it is completely different than anything before. Since 10 isn't out yet, that would be hard to say, but I would guess it would work. When they release S4 it may be a different story at least with 10.

On Win8 I had a comm driver that was preinstalled on my Lenovo that I had to delete from the device manager then I was fine.

Excellent then!!!! I will go with the Windows 8 so I won't have to upgrade again as soon. Thanks for all the input guys.

I advise you to upgrade XP last year!

Up grading from Windows 7/8.X to Windows 10 is going to be ....drum roll...Free!

I've been running the software as a Virtual Machine on Windows 10. Haven't had any problems.

There was someone else who is running on a physical machine at his house and reports that the software can control the lights.

I advise you to upgrade XP last year!

Up grading from Windows 7/8.X to Windows 10 is going to be ....drum roll...Free!

I saw something today that went so far as to say if you are running Win7 SP1, or (I think) Win 8.1, you would be able to update via Windows Update.

I saw something today that went so far as to say if you are running Win7 SP1, or (I think) Win 8.1, you would be able to update via Windows Update.

There was an article on the CNN website a few days ago that said the same thing.