Light-O-Rama Forums

Beat Wizard question

randallr

I'm trying LORII... First issue I've seen is that beat wizard always adds a timing event, even if I select to turn on a channel instead, at the bottom of that window.

I don't want to add events to timing.. did that the first time with tapper, not realizing it until after I had copied some routines to other parts of song and found that my fades and beats were screwed...

Randall

Mine too but did not spend time trying to figure out if there was some way to make it stop. It was not intuitive if there WAS a way so gave up.

Let me know!

One of the cool things about the Beat Wizard (to me) is it is local to the TRACK you identify. I have started creating a "Metronome" track and do all my localized Beat Wizard stuff in there. Anything I do with timing or events in that Track is independent of the timing in the other tracks (e.g. my "LOR Controllers" track).

When I need to do more than just visually compare Track 1 to Track 2, I can either:

1. Select a range in the main Track I want to change, choose Delete Selected Timings from the right click menu, (this has no effect on the actual events), then select the section of the Metronome Track I want to use and choose Copy Timing, go back to the main track where I cleared a section of timings, and select Paste Timings;
  2. Or, I can right click the channel I want to use with alternate timing and select Copy Channel to Track 1. I can then use the different timings in my Metronome track to deal with the (generally faster) beats I need to use to get my events where I want them. It is really cool to see that you have a single channel shared in multiple track "sub windows" and intersperse events with different time bases.

The Second method is probably more efficient unless you have a lot of channels to share across Tracks.