Light-O-Rama Forums

So what do you thing is the big song this year?

Bizywk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vince4xmas

• Mega Arch

• dougd

• George Simmons

uptown funk

Yep that would work.

Also this song in a clean version.  https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/im-an-albatraoz/id944094900?i=944094911     

I'm an Albatraoz  Ultra 2015

I got this version & the Workout Version at 135bpm

Edited by lightzilla

I dont think frozen 2 will be released this year.

2017 I believe, takes a long time to make those movies. Plus the team that made it is always very busy. Same team is behind wreck it Ralph and big hero 6

I know I'm in the minority here (and I'm not judging other people in ANY WAY) but for me, I don't care how popular a song is, if its not at least LOOSELY associated with XMAS or Winter, its not going in the show.

Well, or Halloween I should include since I do a Halloween show as well.

I know others enjoy going off-theme for a fun song but that just doesn't fit with my plans.

So, for me, something like Frozen *could* work because, while not a xmas song per se, it certainly matches the winter theme.

Edited by lowepg

I know I'm in the minority here (and I'm not judging other people in ANY WAY) but for me, I don't care how popular a song is, if its not at least LOOSELY associated with XMAS or Winter, its not going in the show.

Well, or Halloween I should include since I do a Halloween show as well.

I know others enjoy going off-theme for a fun song but that just doesn't fit with my plans.

So, for me, something like Frozen *could* work because, while not a xmas song per se, it certainly matches the winter theme.

Plus one on the winter or Christmas association

The first two years of my LOR shows, I too had to have a Christmas theme to all my songs.  Then, I heard that song, A Soldier's Silent Night, and it brought back memories from my military days.  My first tour from home, I arrived overseas on Dec 23, didn't know anyone and really felt kind of alone and isolated.  Then next Christmas, I was in Southeast Asia.  I went home, got married, and spent my first "married" Christmas back in SEA.  Starting my third year with LOR, I decided to always incorporate something in my shows about the military.  My song of choice, "I'll Be Home for Christmas."  It was an easy song to sequence.  All the lights go out except for one blue light behind a silouhette of a soldier.  Has to be the quickest sequence I ever did.  This last Christmas, I included the God Bless the USA from Holiday Sequences, but also used video with the different branches of the service.  I didn't know how it would be accepted, but man, the favorable comments rolled in for that.

I think I got 14 or so sequences from Robert last year and it seemed like the majority would be appreciated more by adults than children, so this year, I am going to do two different shows.  Two early shows targeting the younger audience and then later shows for the older audiences.  Last year, all sequences had video associated with them; they will this year too, but I am doing video mapping this year.  I have three 3000-3500 lumen projectors to play with (third one arrived today).  I will have to revamp and redesign the layout this year since I am concerned about the ambient light affect on projection.  Most of the lights will be either on the roof or static in the side yard with my wife's cutouts.  We do a walking path through the cutouts for the youngsters.  It should make things simpler this year as there won't be as much sequencing involved of the new songs.  I noticed last year with the Holiday Sequences, nobody really paid much attention to any lights other than the Holiday Sequences pixel tree.  That's the plan, anyway.  Time will tell how it works out.

Edited by Denny

Denny,

Thank you for your service.

It was such a sacrifice and I for one appreciate it.

My youngest is in the Army. I too play I'll be home for Christmas. However with the world in the shape it is, last Christmas was the first Christmas he wasn't able to come home.

So again, not to be going way off post, but

THANK YOU!

Daniel