Light-O-Rama Forums

Glitches with 1.6.15 and CTB16DV5

wirekat

Oh great LOR mystics I have finally given up and I ask for guidance.

I have been getting glitches with some channels during my show.

It only happens with my CTB16DV5 boards. I have mini trees that stay during a song
but then shut off when the song is done. I have some channels that stay on or
shimmer on my LED mega trees and turn off after a song.

I was using 1.6.9 but upgraded to 1.6.15 this morning. I spent the afternoon flashing
the firmware from 2.0 to 4.1 on all boards.

I ran a test sequence and the glitches are still there. I also have CTB16PC boards
(non-kit) and they work fine with no problems at all.

I'm beginning to think it's a communication issues since I am running a total of 47
boards but the longest run is 200' from the computer to the farthest board. The problem boards are in the middle of the loop. All cabling has been tested and
re-tested.

I'm using the USB485B and the driver appears to be the latest.

The computer is a dedicated computer just running LOR and Frosty Player and
nothing else. It's not on a network nor does it have internet. I have WMP 10.0 installed.

Any ideas oh great ones?

This does sound like a communications problem.... I am not sure what speed you are using (as selected in the Sequence Editor ... Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences but if you are at the middle speed see if high speed (far right) makes a difference or if you are at High Speed then see if middle speed changes things.

Thanks Dan!

I assume that by opening the sequence editor and changing settings there that they
are then used during the running of the show. In other words I don't have to
change each sequence just that setting, click OK and close the sequence editor?

wirekat wrote:

Thanks Dan!

I assume that by opening the sequence editor and changing settings there that they
are then used during the running of the show. In other words I don't have to
change each sequence just that setting, click OK and close the sequence editor?

That is correct. You do not even need to open a sequence file. The setting in the Sequence Editor is the global setting that will be used by the Show Player.

Well I changed the setting from "average" to "slow - for long distance" and it has improved but there are now different glitches and less of them.

I have an Easy Light Linker pair I could try tomorrow?

wirekat wrote:

Well I changed the setting from "average" to "slow - for long distance" and it has improved but there are now different glitches and less of them.

I have an Easy Light Linker pair I could try tomorrow?

If you go with the ELLs put them in the middle of the chain thus creating two networks. Also make sure you put the speed back to the middle setting.