Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2 with Video

derylreed

I try to use some of the vidos off this web site when I programed two and put them in my show it comes up with run time error 97 can not call friend function on object which is not an instance of defining class when in my show then i want them to be big they are small

I put my projector from the window and aim it outside. I have one that has the rear projection capability on it. I know Tim puts a slide projector outside, but the video projectors are more sensitive. I would want a heated shed to put one outdoors in. I do take my outdoors in the summer to have backyard drive-in parties though.

To use Video with LOR the Video must be a WMV format or something that your Microsoft Media Player will play. I am using AVI files. They are much larger in size than wmv, but since I am using a Hi Def widescreen projector I wanted the additional quality that the AVI provides.

After you have your video (with audio and video inbeded) you create a new musical using the video as the media file when LOR ask for a audio file. Or you can take an existing sequence from last year and just select Medi File and point to the video file.
Video files are just replacements for the audio file.

I have not used any from Kens web site yet, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. Try to view the files firs in Windows Media Player. Remember Ken's site is only the video. He uses AI which uses a differant sequenceing than LOR so the sequencing files are not interchangable.

I'm hoping someone can help - I'm just missing something here.

I own Spongebob Christmas DVD, want to get a clip - someone suggested DVD Shrink software, and a decryption program - those worked and I got the clip I wanted. I need to now save it into mpeg or AVI, but when I use the software I purchased (adobe premiere elements) the audio and video are out of sink, so I'm kinda stuck.

How exactly do those of you "in the know" make this happen? A nice step-by-step sure would be helpful :(

Thanks!

medman2000 wrote:

How exactly do those of you "in the know" make this happen? A nice step-by-step sure would be helpful :(

Thanks!

Go to www.virtualdub.org, and get a copy of virtualdub. Run your video file through it and it will tell you that it is out of sync and then will re sync it back. Works great..

Brad Bilger wrote:

medman2000 wrote:

Thanks!

Go to http://www.virtualdub.org, and get a copy of virtualdub. Run your video file through it and it will tell you that it is out of sync and then will re sync it back. Works great..

awesome! Thanks!

Deryl wrote:

I try to use some of the vidos off this web site when I programed two and put them in my show it comes up with run time error 97 can not call friend function on object which is not an instance of defining class when in my show then i want them to be big they are small

Are all videos from this site giving you that error? If not, could you please say a specific one from it?

Are videos from places other than that site giving you that error?

Thanks.

So is there anyway at all to have a projector running and not display *anything* until LOR software displays video, then back to blank again? I don't want a desktop, or a jpeg image, or media player visualizations or anything else. I just want blank, so when my video sequence starts the video plays on my second story screen, and when video sequence is done that screen is completely blank again.

I've messed around with all the different settings I can, and best I can tell I'd have to just have a blank, black desktop showing all night.

Any other way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

I have my projector set up with an X10 module to turn it on during the startup and to shut it down during the shutdown sequence in the show. I guess a person could also use a trimmer to limit the amount of time prior to and after the show, and use a JPEG that advertised your show hours or something like that.

However with just switching it off after the show (unplugging it via x10 or LOR) the internal fan does not continue to cool down the unit. I have created a separate fan cooling system for it that I keep plunged in all night.

Last year I didn't use a separate cooling system and had not issues, but I figured with the cost of the unit and the price of replacement bulbs Its better safe than sorry.

This would eliminate you JPG/Background before and after the show, but LOR will still flash the background picture and a LOR blank video window inbetween sequences. I still haven't figured how to solve that one.

Some of the higher end projectors allow you to chose what you want for a blank screen, mine allows me to chose a black, white, Projector Logo, or my own file uploaded into the projector.

edit...
Could you use Windows Hibernate feature to turn off monitor after so many min of non use...

Edited to add another thought

• 10 months later...

The bulb in my projector does not turn on or off when the unit is plugged in. A separate button on the unit or on the remote turns it on. I'm sure others are dealing with this (My neighbor rewired a remote with x10 to get it to turn on). Any other ideas on how to get it to turn on with the schedule? I have plenty of x10 modules...

Even if you unplug the unit while turned on, without powering down? That is what I have to do with mine. Turn power on and adjust the focus, etc. Pull power cord and plug into an x10 module.

If this is not the case with your projector, you will probably have to set up a remote control signal to turn the unit on and off. Depending on if your remote is IR or RF would determine how to do this and what other equipment you would need. Remote Central.com is a good place to start. Software like Girder or net remote along with the x10 plug-in module and other hardware are required. Not cost-effective if only using the system control for Christmas.

Or modify your projector to be hardwired on and just use power cord to turn on and off....