Light-O-Rama Forums

Sneak Peak of LOR SW Updates - Pixel Editor

jstorms

OK Ron.. Calling you out..J/K

No like button

So: "LOVE" what Dan is saying.... Haha

Dan, Thanks for the update and I am looking forward to this relief on the 40K plus channels.

• Like 1

Looks like all the "clutter" provoked some official communication from LOR after all... :P:rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see what the new software brings to the table. They have a tough price point to beat with the competition that is already out there. Hope LOR comes through on this one.

Looks like all the "clutter" provoked some official communication from LOR after all... :P:rolleyes:

I'm sure Dan chimed in simply because he is notified every time a person is suspended and/or a message hidden.  That way none of the users can claim that the moderating team is 'playing favorites' or otherwise doing things underhandedly/unfairly/whatever.

Well....  There are some users that will ALWAYS claim that, but they would be wrong ;)

• Like 2

Rolling my coins now to cash them in. I am so ready that I am reformatting my sequence machine with a fresh install.

crap just updated lor, now a new software release when does it stop well maybe never lol appreciate the comment lor dan

as for the other comment on favoritism well would/unfairly/underhandedly/ be like sucking up LOL

Edited by john fulkerson

Yeah, I'm waiting on the new software as we all are. I'm doing serious hardware changes this year, therefore a new config but requires large changes to the visualizer, so rather than do it all now in the current, waiting for the new software so I can re-do things with the new code instead. Have to wonder if the new software will read the old sequences and is it intelligent enough to import things or understand that old configuration with types of lights such as smart pixels/nodes, dumb strips and just normal strings?

Our software is always backwards compatible.  There may not be a way to move old stuff into the radically new stuff - for example there was no conversion of old Animator files to the Visualizer when it came out in S3.  However, you can still use Animator files in addition to the Vis.

What it may not be is FORWARDS compatible.  Things created in newer versions of the software may not work in older versions.  The software will do its best, but you should not expect S2 to be able to open an S3 file correctly.  

S3 can however open any S2 file.

DevMike - It got a little confusing at the end of the video for me. Do I have to do all of my sequencing (rbg & non-rgb) in the pixel editor? Or is there a way to paste in the pixel animations to the sequence editor?

Seems like the pixel editor was great at pixels, but would be really limiting at non-pixels, and we all know the same is true with the sequence editor with pixels.

I guess my question is, if my display has a healthy balance of both pixels of standard LEDs, would I be using both programs with some sort of past or import function from the pixel editor to the sequence editor? 

Curious too if there's going to be a pricing structure change for those of us who already have the current advanced license with multiple CCR's in SS? Simply put, is this new software going to cost us more money up front and if so, how much more to get the bells and whistles?

Curious too if there's going to be a pricing structure change for those of us who already have the current advanced license with multiple CCR's in SS? Simply put, is this new software going to cost us more money up front and if so, how much more to get the bells and whistles?

Way back in the day LOR gave current owners of the LOR 1 software a free license to LOR S2. The current renewal system in place adds an interesting dynamic that we didn't have before. If they consider these updates to be a part of the regular software package, then I imagine there would be no cost. (Depending on your license level.) However, if it's considered a separate program, like Superstar, then I'd imagine we could expect to be charged for the software.

Just my guess. I have no idea.

In the interest of transparency I was one of the people that commented on this thread whose posts have been hidden or deleted. The other individual has been banned from the site for 10 years. I have tried to contact LORAdmin through a PM and have had no response. I just want people to understand what is going on here on this forum. I suspect I will be banned after this post and this post will be deleted or hidden. Hopefully some of you will see this post before then.

Good Luck to you all.

John

Looks like I'm going to have to save some pennies and upgrade when this one comes out.

Thanks for the update Light-O-Rama Dan.

Can't wait to play with the new release! 

If you need another Beta tester...

LOR went to an open beta system a few years ago.

When the beta is released, anyone will be able to test it out.