Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Matrix

godman

According to the link the price is $0.00.

I should order a few hundred. :-)

After you add to cart the real price shows up. :-(

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• godman

• Ron Boyd

• Darryl Lambert

• dmoore

We have now released the PixNode Net's which can be found here:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/775.htm

Video of them in action:  https://youtu.be/OX3_SSMhdak

These work with all standard 12mm nodes/squares including the LOR CCP's.  We'll just completed 3" spacing runs and 1", 2" and 5" spacing will be out soon in both black and clear.  These work well for a variety of projects including net lights for bushes, covering entire houses and roofs in pixels, wrapping coloums and tree trunks and of course, standard matrix panels.  The up side to these over coro (and we love coro) is that it is light weight, flexible and easy to roll up and store in the off-season.  Plus, they are not much more than most people spend to purchase a single sheet of coro without the holes.

Just what I've been waiting for. Just got my order in. Thanks David.

Larry, I actually put my pixels in those for the matrix, but once David introduced these awhile back, I decided to wait. The straps will work, but I saw a possible problem with keeping the spacing consistent on a windy day. This new product I think will alleviate that possible spacing issue. I'll be using a mixture of James straps and Davids also this year.

@ Larry, I tried using those for a horizontal matrix and they would not work, there was really no way to keep them from sagging and as Ron said keeping the space even would have been difficult if not impossible 

According to the link the price is $0.00.

I should order a few hundred. :-)

After you add to cart the real price shows up. :-(

David, what's the difference in the Pix node net Item #775 and the Pix node screen #770

Actually there is no difference - when we came up with the product ideas a few months back, we put in place holders for the different items.  We've removed the 770 screen product as the PixNode Net product provides this functionality.

• 4 months later...

Question on the PixNode Strips... I purchased these to build 6' (360) trees.  Spacing will be 4".  Any thoughts on using nodes vs. squares ? I am thinking that the regular nodes might not stay aligned in the holes, e.g. pulling on the strip, vs. the squares which would be flat on the strip itself.  Thanks.  

I used the nodes and they worked just fine, they fit in pretty tight so alignment is not an issue, however I don't have any square nodes so I have nothing to compare it too.

Question on the PixNode Strips... I purchased these to build 6' (360) trees.  Spacing will be 4".  Any thoughts on using nodes vs. squares ? I am thinking that the regular nodes might not stay aligned in the holes, e.g. pulling on the strip, vs. the squares which would be flat on the strip itself.  Thanks.  

Supposedly, the extra backing on the bullet style is supposed to keep the the lights forward. I only heard this, I will be using square and bullets in these type of strips and net. I can let you know any difference in December, but that won't help now. Sorry

• 2 weeks later...

So I have my physical matrix built and up, but having trouble with the wiring.  Anyone have diagrams on how you did yours?  I thought I had it figured out but part of it keeps flickering.  I am using 2 power supplies and I don't know if that is playing a part in it or not.

I used theBaronns way and used a drill guide on a 4x8 sheet of 4mm coro and it came out perfect. I also used square pixels and drilled a 15/32 hole and the pixels pushed in great as you could hear a snap when they went into place.

I have a 16 by 45 pixel layout I made it out of 2x4s for the weight so it can with stand the winter winds in Florida.

Now if I can get him to sell me that train sequence I'd be all set :) :) :)

John(oldandslow)

So I have my physical matrix built and up, but having trouble with the wiring.  Anyone have diagrams on how you did yours?  I thought I had it figured out but part of it keeps flickering.  I am using 2 power supplies and I don't know if that is playing a part in it or not.

What is the current layout of your matrix? What type of controller are you using? The reason I ask is that I had the same problem, here were the two solutions,

1. I was using XLights to test my pixels but if you don't unload Light O Rama from your task bar Icon, you will get 2 sets of signals and random flashing.

2. The second Issue was my controller, I was using a Joshau1 P-12X and on the 2811 pixels I was using the recommended speed on the controllers is 3200-3500 but as soon as I lowered it to 2400 the pixels worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

I used theBaronns way and used a drill guide on a 4x8 sheet of 4mm coro and it came out perfect. I also used square pixels and drilled a 15/32 hole and the pixels pushed in great as you could hear a snap when they went into place.

I have a 16 by 45 pixel layout I made it out of 2x4s for the weight so it can with stand the winter winds in Florida.

Now if I can get him to sell me that train sequence I'd be all set :) :) :)

John(oldandslow)

PM Sent.

This year I am trying a different approach. I'm using a leather hole punch. It is a lot cleaner that my last one, but OMG!!!! Is it tedious. I have 8000 holes to punch and I think I did 100 today. Yeah, I'm a genius!

Guess I took the short way out and zip tied them to emt for the roof this year. I had 81 sticks of 50 completed in 2 weeks, 

I started drilling holes using some of the examples here and decided it was too late in the year to finish so I broke down and bought the Pixel Net from Holiday Coro.  I like them, they are simple to install. I just used some 1x2's around the edges to keep them straight.  I'm planning on laying them on my roof.

So Godman here is my design.  I am using 12v w2811 Pixels and a Sandevices e6804 with Pixel Editor.  I don't know how to change the controller speed. Any ideas?

post-12596-0-62509000-1440346600_thumb.j

Edited by Little_b

Little_b

It's a bit hard to tell in the diagram but the grounds from both power supplies should be tied together.