Light-O-Rama Forums

Tennessee ++ Spring Mini

Ron Boyd

As long as I don't have to work, I'm planning on being there again this year. Very fun and informative last year!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron Boyd

• dougd

• Klayfish

• Jeff Messer

So, now that the announcement has been made for the new software suite, we can only hope that it will be out by the 14th. If the beta is released by the mini, I'm sure we'll all start learning then.

I know there are other sequencers being used by different folks, but there are two that are very popular now. LOR S4 suite and XL4. Both are going to be released sometime this month. Both are major re-writes. 

We can only wait and see.

See you all in about 2 weeks.

Looks like a big change year is software,  LOR upgrade, LSP due out this year with there re-write, X-Lite re-write with MAJOR change in process, much like the change from text based programming for PC to Object oriented programming for Windows.  

The DEATH of the Grid from a couple of years back is moving toward becoming reality.  

Pick an effect, drop it on an object, set the duration  and modify the effect,  NEXT. 
lots to discuss.  Look forward to outlooks and ideas.

Edited by jerrymac

Jim Nealand if you plan to go call or message me. Depending on my wife's plans I'm hoping to go. Maybe we could ride up together if your making a day trip.

I'm coming from Dallas, GA so anyone near me that might want to hook up on a ride I'd be willing.

I will be coming up from Kennesaw with 3 of us in my van so far.  I can bring one of my landscape edging arches and some of the new plastic strips used for nodes on mega trees if no one has seen those.  I also have the xl4 software as I'm on the beta test list.  I'm not an expert, but I can bring it along to let everyone look at it.

There is a local man selling off his whole display due to moving to a new home.  I will bring info about that .  There are 10 LOR controllers in the package.

Ya Hoo   hitting the road tomorrow at noon in route.   Anyone going to meet Friday Evening for quick bite and conversation?

Edited by jerrymac

Looking forward to Saturday. Will be good to see everyone again. I'll be there about 8:30 or 9

I didn't realize there are several folks very close to me, that's awesome.  jfelix is even in Dallas, same town as me (though I'm closer to Acworth). 

As typical, my weekend schedule is overflowing, so very unlikely I can stay for the whole thing.  My boys both have lacrosse games in different places at the same time, so my wife can't do it all.  But I am determined to make it come hell or high water.  I'll be there for the morning, probably have to leave shortly after lunch.  See you all there!

Edited by Klayfish

I am here and ready for the mini. I sure have a lot of questions and sure they will be answered here this weekend...

Jeff

I can only stay a short time... 

I plan to be there by 0800. 

I have a few questions and maybe need to see examples of dumb RGB and controller suggestions along with power injectors.

I do much better with visual information than the massive amount of reading on the interwebs.

Thanks Doug and all for putting the work together to make all this happen!  I'm really sorry I couldn't stay very long, I left wishing I had been able to hang around longer and learn more.  A lot of the computer stuff we were talking in the morning was going way over my head. :blink::lol:  But it was great to meet all of you and make connections.  I was also really inspired by the flag pole mega tree.  I'll be hitting Harbor Freight ASAP!

Steve