Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Spinner - Cosmic Color Pixels

I did a test show this last weekend and pulled everything out of the barn and set it up. The videos start by showing a daylight view of the approx location of where the video is being filmed from. For reference the ladder in front of the Pixel Spinner and CCP tree is 10 foot tall.

I have a couple of low powered laser projectors that I have been playing with the last couple of years. I tried putting them in front of a smoke machine but found the wind to be not consistent enough to keep the effect going. This year I took an old shower curtain and taped it up behind the center circle and placed the laser behind it and focused within the inner circle. The video shows some of the effect but is much better in person. The other laser I always have above the crowd shining down behind the people seated so that they and the grass in front of them has green dancing dots (when the laster is turned on)

The tree and circle (dumb rgb leds 8 channels) at the extreme right of the screen is somewhat blocked by a windmill and a birdhouse condominium. Both are going to be moved soon.

Not all the songs are completed (ie polished) but there are some examples of what a Pixel Spinner and Tree look like in action.

The 5 songs with the most effects are Amos Moses, Fanfare for the Common Man, Mr Bojangles, Jonnhy B Good and Grand Old Flag. All the others are in-work. I recently converted a single network into 4 networks because of lag issues. I was able to convert already existing songs, but since the Pixel Spiiner and Tree are new this year I am going back a slowly adding them into the songs.

The forums wouldn't let me post the html code for the slideshow, so here's a link to my album with all the songs.

Here's the quick video links to the 5 songs mentioned above.

https://vimeo.com/user36555089/albums

Alan...

Edited by default

The forum won't let me post more than 2 videos per post so here are 2 more.

Alan...

Edited by default

I've been looking for something from ELP. Never considered Fanfare. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alan,

That spinner is great.  I just ordered my first set of CCP's.  Would you mind sharing the sequence? JStur23@aol.com

Thanks in advance.

Joey

Joey, sure I can share what I have. First thing you should know is that I cut and spliced my CCP's. If you do this IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY FROM LOR. If you are able to solder and make sure you line up the splices properly, then waterproof them, it shouldn't be a big deal. It it all goes bad, be aware of LOR warranty policy. Before I cut my CCP's wires I marked each side of the cut on the same side with a sharpie to make sure I didn't rotate the wire (and splies 180 degrees)

I have had alot of PM's asking for similiar info, so I made a quick website to illustrate how I made my Pixel Spinner. On page 2 of that site are some examples of the visualizer and superstar .sup files I used while making it.

Since then, I have combined the Pixel Spinner and Mini mega tree into 1 prop file. I can still sequence for each prop individually but gained the option for better timings by having both props shown at the same time.

The website I made for the Pixel Spinner (I was almost asleep when I made the video, so if it seems like I an rambling, I was. :unsure:

http://greatgooglymoogly.info/LOR%20Pics/Web%20Stuff/index.html

Some of my Videos on Vimeo. Some deal with sequencing for the Pixel Spinner.

https://vimeo.com/search?q=wtfdefault

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and be sure to post pics. You might also take better notes than I did to answer to others how you did it. ;)

Alan...

Edited by default

Joey,

I wouldn't classify this as a beginner project, but it's not as hard as it seems. Do some research, and look at at what others have done. If this overwhelming, maybe use your CCP's in another way to get a understanding for them, then come back to this. If you have questions, ask the forum peeps are very helpful. I had the most difficulty in setting up a visualizer file.

Alan...

• The topic was locked