Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom DMX color fades

halfmoonhr

Does anyone know how to do fades using a custom color? All I seem to do is change the section that I want to fade to white. Not the color I'm wanting fade.

Thanks advance.

Ok, maybe I need to ask this in a different way. Or the answer is a no.  Is there any way to fade orange from 100 percent down to zero percent over a 5 second time period? Then fade purple from zero percent to 100 percent over a 2 second period? ( Not saying that is what waiting to do. Just as an example). With out turning the fade time to a white light. while using fade tool.

All I can get is a solid  orange bar from the color fade tool. Then when I go back to fade a section up or down, it turns solid white at beginning of fade then fades the white from 100 to zero. What am I doing wrong?

All I can get is a solid  orange bar from the color fade tool. Then when I go back to fade a section up or down, it turns solid white at beginning of fade then fades the white from 100 to zero. What am I doing wrong?

it will only fade if you use it in more than one corresponding cell...ie you need to at least start in one cell and end in a second cell

check out this thread also:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35012-color-fade-on-rev-312/

Edited by jimswinder
  • Like 1

Don't use the Fade Up or Fade Down tool at all.  Just use the Color Fade tool, from orange to black.  But see below regarding "All I can get is a solid orange bar".

it will only fade if you use it in more than one corresponding cell...ie you need to at least start in one cell and end in a second cell

check out this thread also:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35012-color-fade-on-rev-312/

This is not quite right.  You have to click and drag, but you do not have to click and drag from one cell to another.

Just to be clear, the reason for this is that the Color Fade tool is one of the "smart tools" (like "Intelligent Fade").  If you click and drag from left to right, you'll get orange to black.  If you click and drag from right to left, you'll get black to orange.  If you just click without dragging, you'll get a fill.

Duh!!! I hate when the simplest solution to a problem is the easiest. Thanks DJR and Bob. DJR read your reply 1st time It just did not click.

I guess could not see forest because of all the wood.

• Like 1