Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences are off time

GranburyLights

A few weeks ago I had everything working well. Since then I've changed the sequences and added a few more lights to about 8 of my channels. Now, everything is OFF time by 1 second or so. It's frustrating!

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Running 1.6.9

Adding lights will not affect timing.

When did you upgrade to 1.6.9? If you went from a version of the software that was pre-1.6.3 to 1.6.9 then the software upgrade could have affected your sequences.

If that is the case then you can adjust your seqeunces by removing a little time at the beginning. You can shorten some events at the beginning to remove about .3 seconds..... The actual amount that must be removed depends on the MP3 file.

If this is not the issue then let us know.

Hi,

To remove some time.

1. If you do not have a large event (about 1/2 second ) at the beginning of the sequence then: Select the first few events in the sequence and then: Right Click -> Delete Selected Events.

2. You will now have one large event at the beginning of the sequence.

3. Right Click in that first large event and select "Resize Event to..." and shorten it by about .3 seconds. You will need to adjust it depending on the song.

Dan

I'll try it......But,

The sequences are off by more tonight, like 3 - 4 seconds. Do I have to take that much more time off to fix it?

I also programmed a short simple sequence with Linus's speach. Begins with all but one channel on then they all dim while a spot light comes on Linus on one channel.

That entire sequence is W A Y off. A bunch of differnet channels come on when they're supposed to be off? What would cause that?

Thanks Dan.

GranburyLights wrote:

I'll try it......But,

The sequences are off by more tonight, like 3 - 4 seconds. Do I have to take that much more time off to fix it?

I also programmed a short simple sequence with Linus's speach. Begins with all but one channel on then they all dim while a spot light comes on Linus on one channel.

That entire sequence is W A Y off. A bunch of differnet channels come on when they're supposed to be off? What would cause that?

Thanks Dan.

I have never heard of things being off by 3-4 seconds. Also have never heard of things that were "off by more" one night than they were the night before.. Lets see what happens after you make the adjustment.

The issue with the lights being on when they were supposed to be off sounds a channel config problem or a communications problem. If this sequence is acting up but the others are not then I would guess a channel config problem.

OK! That fixed all of them except my Linus Speach, the center piecr of my show.

Again, all lights are on for a few seconds, them they all dim except for one channel, the soptlight on Linus. During the length of the speach, even though just one channel is selected, all of the channels blick randomly.

Help!

Thanks.

GranburyLights wrote:

OK! That fixed all of them except my Linus Speach, the center piecr of my show.

Again, all lights are on for a few seconds, them they all dim except for one channel, the soptlight on Linus. During the length of the speach, even though just one channel is selected, all of the channels blick randomly.

Help!

Thanks.

What type of lights are on during this sequence. Are there any lights with ballasts such as florescent spots, etc...

No lights with ballasts. All mini's, incandesant spots and two strands of LED'S.

When I play it on the computer in sequence editor and with the box hooked up, it plays fine. When it's playing in the show, it's all farbled up. Now running 1.6.15

GranburyLights wrote:

No lights with ballasts. All mini's, incandesant spots and two strands of LED'S.

When I play it on the computer in sequence editor and with the box hooked up, it plays fine. When it's playing in the show, it's all farbled up. Now running 1.6.15

It is odd for things to act differently in the Sequence Editor as apposed to the Show Player. Try the following.... About 3 seconds into the sequence, put a command that most likley will not be noticed on each of the channels. For example: if the lights are on at 100% go to 99% for a tenth of of a second...

The only reason I am suggesting this is that in LOR II (and I know you are on LOR I) there was a problem where sequences did not start properly. It had to do with commands at the beginning of the sequence getting messed up. I do not see any reason why the same thing would not happen in LOR I so this experiment will see if this is the problem.

Dan

Finally!!!!
The trick, or my goof, or whatever was fixed by using the LOR Simple Show Builder, instead of the old LOR show builder. Everything is working spot on, dead nuts. The off-sequence really drove me nuts. I'm a drummer in a band.....It hurt my eyes and ears!

Thanks Dan for all of the awesome support!!