Light-O-Rama Forums

Waiting for first controller

callmemike

Hello to everyone.  I have reading this site for the last couple of years, trying to absorb as mush as I can about this, for lack of a better term, obsession. I order my first controller last week (starter package) and I am eagerly awaiting its delivery which is scheduled for today.  I downloaded the demo software a couple of years ago and have been playing with that from time-to-time.  The hardest part so far has been coming up with a layout that will work with my house.  I have probably changed it 8 or 10 time already - the latest was this morning.  I will keep you posted on my progress.  In the meantime, be prepared for many questions as I am certain I will have dozens coming up.

Mike

You've done the correct thing...reading, learning, listening. Another wise thing you've done, is by starting early...obviously you paid attention!!! No worries on the questions as most will try to answer within the scope of their knowledge and yes, sometimes we make mistakes and someone else will correct us. 

I know the feeling. Play with the layout in Visualizer and settle on whatever looks good to you. I prefer a simple setup. I've seen others which appear to have every square inch covered with something. Overdone, IMO, but they like it. Have fun and welcome to the madness!