Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP -- I'm Dark Again.

Dave Sanderson

OK, so I upgraded to 1.6.15 to get rid a bug. Then my Show Scheduler seemed to not work per my post below (because there were additional instructions I hadn't read.) Fortunately, it started working anyway when I re-booted the machine so last night worked. I followed the instructions on the 1.6.15. This morning I got up early and ran the LORRegistrywipe. program and when I went to add a show for tonight in the Show Scheduler, none of my shows or sequences showed up when I clicked the File selector. Interestingly enough, when I clicked on the dropdown window at the bottom of that screen labelled "File Name" they were all there so I clicked on my FullShow07 choice and figured I was golden.

But the show didn't come on tonight. At this moment my Control Panel status window says the system is running the FullShow07, but absolutely nothing is happening.

I figure there are two options. Does anybody have any ideas about what is going on in 1.6.15? The other option is to upgrade to a higher version. But I don't see those on the LOR support page, which I assume is because I don't have a uterus, meaning that I can't find anything without asking my wife as a natural state of life. Can anyone point me to that upgrade as another possible way of solving this problem?

THANK YOU in advance for any help. I suspect the problem is that Dan should require an IQ test before selling to certain customers. But thankfully he doesn't and I have mine anyway. ;)

Kenny T wrote:

I had the same problem last night... I rebooted and it worked.. Thanks to Dan... I had checked launch at startup in control panel...

Was having lauch at startup a good thing or bad. I think I've tried it both ways, but willing to try that again. The power company needs me running to meet their quarterly projections. ;)

I installed the 1.6.15 last night. I had some serious prob b4 that.. heres the thread http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum71/15498.html. It seems that problem or may not be problem but operator error is in the show or schedule editor. What I did was Used the registry wiper. Then went in to editor,renamed my file so I knew it was a new file (lets just say the original sequence editor file lss). SAVE it. Then brought it into the the schedule set times in for the week. And saved.. My control panel said the show was running but the lights were not on... I rebooted, manually went into control panel and enabled show and it worked.. Now b4 this after I installed the 1.6.15 I was getting no lights and even said 12:00am the lights would not come on. Nothing ever turned on.. So now the problem is fixed. Kinda didnt know what I did. Maybe rebooting maybe not... Good luck

I went into show editor. No sequences available. I went into sequence editor. No sequences. I know they're there because I can see them with Windows Explorer. But apparently 1.6.15 can't see them. And most certainly doesn't run them even when it says they're going.

The silver lining is that at least the three trees that were on before during the fade that shouldn't have been on were off last night when it ran (for some reason), so upgrading the software fixed that bug. The downside is that not are those trees off, but every light I own.

Bad follow-up on my part to being on the front page, above the fold, in the Des Moines Register two days ago, TV before that, and radio in the morning. But tomorrow is another day, and my wife has hidden all the chairs and ropes, and blocked the door to the basement tonight.

RESOLVED!

For anyone encountering similar problems, here are a couple of things to look for.

1. When you upgrade from an old version of LOR it automatically sets a path for files to a new directoryin your Shared Folders off of My Computer. You have to copy your sequences over to that.

2. You also need to literally re-build your shows under a new name in Show Editor.

3. When you run the RegistryWipe software it re-sets everything to default. Including your Com port setting. So go into your Hardware utility and fix that right away.

Then all that's left is to make the changes in you Schedule Editor, then put away your rope and chair and get your wife to go ahead and unchain the door to the basement, crisis averted.

THANK YOU to Brian and DAN at LOR for their amazing patience and helpfulness.