Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Dealt With These Guys - GUANYI LIGHT-DECORATION CO.

jimswinder

I did talk to him about paypal and DHL. the only challenge he has (which i can understand from a business perspective) is the 3.9% that paypal charges to get the money that is deposited.

cost of doing business....

We each can choose our points of view on this... Either the glass is half full or is half empty.

I did the math and here is my perspective.

I  am getting the lights at roughly 10.00 per 100 String. +.39 Cents for Paypal, and then there would be the DHL Cost also.

I know I paid roughly 20.00 a Set last year from a vendor, and paid shipping also (not that I am complaining about the vendor as they are great.)   So even with shipping the cost is still below the 15.00 range. I think that is a savings.

just my 2 Cents. :D

I got a quote for 96 strands. 24 of r,w,b,g and the cost was 717.00 for lighys then 320.00 for air freight is the deal breaker that puts it at 1037.00. Can get it holiday lights express free shipping and be the same price

Can get it holiday lights express free shipping and be the same price

When I put in those amounts at holiday lights express, I get a total of $1233.00...were you getting 100ct M6's?

And that was at the "case price"... and it's only free if your order is over $1000.00.

Edited by jimswinder

Yah the order at hle would be about 1050 I believe

I bet if ordered in much larger quantities then the air frieght would be worth it.

Kip,

I don't see anywhere in this thread whether the lights are full-wave or half-wave?  If we're talking retail-grade lights with replaceable bulbs, the only ones like that which I've personally owned were half-wave.

Hi George,

If you look on his website at each of the lights, he states there that it is Full wave. I haven't tried dimming, but  can throw it on a controller for testing. :)

Checking http://portexaminer.com for imports,  I see this company has supplied LED's to The LED Warehouse. and other major Christmas light sellers. I would say this company is well established especially since their product is UL and CSA certified.

I wrote a email to guanylight and they said to me on email:

Hi Miky

Please contact me on this at the end of this month as we have closed our factory for CNY today. Sorry for the delay

Best regards
Jason W

I hope that they have mini led light full wave with 220v

China has different holidays that are longer than ours... I have been Dealing with Ray heavily over the past year and encountered a couple of weeks where they had holidays. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in contact with Jason at Guanyi as well. I am trying to get LED C9 Retrofit bulbs for my roof ridge lines. I need about 400 of them; warm white. Jason got me a quote for them for 52 cents each. Those plus some vampire plugs would cost just under $500 shipped.

I have also inquired about a 1000 foot roll of 18 awg spt-2 wire and a 500 foot roll of C9 12" spaced wire. Unfortunately, he informed me that with only 1 of each of those items they cannot make the spool and wire as this is too small of an order. 

I am working on the numbers to see if it would be worth it to just get the bulbs and vampire connectors from them. I am also waiting on some samples but I am trying to figure out the payment and shipping as well. I have access to a FedEx account that I can use and I will probably do a prepaid credit card if I decide to go that route, for security. We will see where it goes from here...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... I have placed an order. I worked out a PayPal payment with them. PayPal charges then 3.9% on each transaction that's why they don't use it. I told them let me do a PayPal payment on the first order and if all goes well I will use a bank transaction on my next order.

Steve.

Credit card PayPal merchant fees are part of being in buisness Id those fees are going to hurt that bad they need to rethink their structure. I've never charged a customer a fee or anything for using credit cards

More and more companies no longer take Discover because of their high fees...

My experience shows that if you call your credit card processor to add discover, they will match your visa fees.  Most companies never bother to call and add Discover in the first place.  Took a single phone call of less than 10 minutes to add Discover to my merchant account when I did it.

Not to highjack the post but:

Some states forbid merchants from passing the credit card processing fees to the cardholder. If it's a country, then that country's laws would dictate what's acceptable. The card brands allow for it but state laws trumps them. 

Discover's fees are comparable to Visa's and MasterCard's rates. It would silly for a merchant to not accept Discover. As I've explained it to merchants, "Why would you hinder someone who wants to pay with the way they want to pay?"

I've been a registered Independent Sales Organization and Member Service Provider for Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express for 15 years now.

Edited by WhitePlainsNY