Light-O-Rama Forums

Sandevice E682 VS Pixel lite 16

NEWTOUR

Anyone have some opinions between the E682 and Pixel Lite. I had my mind all set on getting the Pixle lite and then I read a non bias thread saying all controllers are pretty much the same. I would like to same the money and go with theE682, but  I would like to do my do diligence first. Nobody likes buyers remorse.It seems as  though the Pixel lite is fairly new, and yet againHC is releasing another controller later this month that is even cheaper. What do you guys think?

I bought an e682 a few weeks ago, never had anything other then LOR controllers, i was setting it up today and really like how easy it was, then instructions you print out are very well written and easy to follow

E682 and the 6804 are great controllers. I've been very happy with mine, 2-682's and 1-6804. Going to get a couple more this year.

I too have four E682's and I love them.  I will also be adding two more this year.  Jim is also great with his tech support if you have problems.  I don't know anyone yet that has a Pixel Lite 16 but, it looks like a good controller and David is also very helpful with his tech support. For me I wanted to stay with one brand.

I have 2 E6804 controllers and plan to add 2 E682 units and 2 more E6804s this year.  I even use one port of an E6804 to drive my CTB16PC LOR controller in DMX mode.  The SanDevice units are very stable, realiable and easy to work with.  Support is excellent.

I don't have either device rather instead using a JoshuaSystems card which also works perfectly. But in the spirit of this thread, the customer support at SanDevices is outstanding! They helped me understand an issue I was seeing on my card and it didn't come from them. 10 points for SanDevices!

I have had success with my San Device products, They also have great customer support. That goes a long way in my books

I don't want to be a killjoy, but I've seen on other forums, all kinds of set-up issues with the Pixlite. I don't own one, so I can't comment any other way.

I do, however, have several of Jim's boards, 3 E682s and 4 E6804s as well as a J1Sys P12S. All of them are rock solid performers. The P12 takes a little more set-up at first, but it's not difficult. The only thing I like better on the P12, is I can have different lengths of pixels as well as different protocols on each output. You can have different lengths on the Sandevices cards too, but you have to massage the channel config a bit.

I still think I like the Sandevices cards better though.

Big fan of Sandevices.   Especially like the E6804's.  They have few channels, but they go longer distances.   Very happy.

• Like 1

Well so far sounds like the e682's a golden device, but i know the Pixelite is new so I will give it a little more time as I really did my reasearch on the Pixelite. I guess I needto really check into the e682. Keep the comments coming guys I appreciate it. Thanks to all

I ran the pixalite 16 this year for my 12 ccr tree, rock solid not a single problem. You have a channel configuration change to make it run on lor software. Once over that hump it worked perfectly.

I have both the e682 and the Pixlite 16 in my show. I have not had any performance issues with either one, but I can list my likes/preferences based on my experience.

1) The Sandevices e682 can be setup and addressed thru any browser window, while setting up the Pixlite controllers requires a windows based application available thru Advateklights. Advantage e682.

2) Test patterns for the e682 can also be launched from the browser. Test patterns for the Pixlite can only be initiated using the buttons located on the board. I think the advantage here again goes to the e682, especially if your controller is already mounted somewhere and difficult to access.

3) The e682 allows you to select up to 4 pixel types on the same controller, while the Pixlite is a little more limited in that selection, and you can only use one pixel type per board. Advantage e682

4) The Pixlite can support up to 32 universes and 5,440 pixels, while the e682 appears to have a 12 universe, 2000 pixel limit. This has not been a problem for me, but I will give the advantage to the Pixlite

5) The Pixlite allows for DMX RS45 'pass through'. Again, not something of much use to me, but I will give the advantage to the Pixlite

Again, I have had no issues with either controller, but from my personal experience, I do prefer the Sandevices E682.

Edited by blbeattie
  • Like 1

I have 2 of the Joshua1 P12 controllers and they work great however I was looking at getting a E682 just for kicks, How many universes does the E682 support? The thead above mentions 12 but on the San devices site it says

Supports up to 6 universes of E1.31 (>1,000 pixels), with additional capacity in the future.

Confused on how many universes it supports?

Running 5 - E682's and 2 - E6804's and have no problems or issues with them.  So happy with them, that this year I will be adding 4 more E682's.

I think that you will be very satisfied with them.  Plus if you run into problems there is always someone on the forum's that will help you out.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't want to drag down the party like Ron lol, but the "dedicated software" for configuring the Pixel Lite would concern me. I have seen many great pieces of hardware laid to rest over the years because the software would no longer run in the version of your OS. Suddenly updated software, firmware or drivers become unavailable. Browser based config makes more sense to me. Kinda disappointed. It looks like a really nice controller, but the dedicated app would kill it for me. Longevity would be my ONLY concern with this unit. If it really is dedicated software based configuration, I'd place it between solid contender and iffy end of life.