Light-O-Rama Forums

Future meetings in Sacramento

plasmadrive

The last meeting of last year I presented about DC-DC converters and how to use them to your advantage.

Last night we never got to any organized part of the meeting but a lot of those that attended came away with a lot of questions answered and some good ideas.  It was a great meeting with lots of people showing up and bringing stuff for all to see.

Most of the meetings have been very informal. When I did the converter one, it was the first time we had anything remotely planned that I can remember.

So now I ask you all, if we put on another meeting around Feb or March, what do you want to see happen?    I know we need to have a session about last years videos and trials and tribulations.. What else?

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasmadrive

• ShaggySS

• Ken Benedict

• TonyD

Next monthly Sacramento meeting is on Saturday, February 21 at 6:00pm at the usual Round Table Pizza.

If I can, I'll haul my laptop down and show off my recent project on how to get three seperate videos to play in LOR at the same time.

Craig and others will have some new projects also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder for the Sacramento and Bay Area LOR folks about the monthly meeting this Saturday at Round Table Pizza in Old Sacramento 6:00pm.

Damn it I missed another! Someone email me next time scott at sawinlife dot com. I am going to make these meeting one of these days

Damn it I missed another! Someone email me next time scott at sawinlife dot com. I am going to make these meeting one of these days

Sure ya will!   LOL

Sure ya will!   LOL

Pick a date!  March 20th, March 27th?  Or is Sat better?  I can do 21st, 28th.  

Pick a date!  March 20th, March 27th?  Or is Sat better?  I can do 21st, 28th.  

Any of those but the 28th!

Sorry guys, I am out until April or May

Ken is booked in April... so I am pretty sure the next time will be April or May.. unless someone else wants to jump in and set it up. 

The next one I put together is in need of a topic(s) and or presentation(s).   Any suggestions?

Sorry guys, I am out until April or May

Ken is booked in April... so I am pretty sure the next time will be April or May.. unless someone else wants to jump in and set it up. 

The next one I put together is in need of a topic(s) and or presentation(s).   Any suggestions?

By that time we will have 2 new sequencing programs to play with and discuss.

Two sequencing program?  I knew about one.  What was the other?  I used xlights for some cool effects this past year if anyone is interested I could show that off for those who are curious.  

I am fine waiting until May.  I don't plan on doing much until then anyways.  I do want to setup a lighting matrix if anyone has done that or is thinking about it I would like to learn more.  

Lets pick a date.  May 9th I am open but right before mothers day so that may be bad for people.  May 16th, 23rd, 30th are all good for me.  

Two sequencing program?  I knew about one.  What was the other?  I used xlights for some cool effects this past year if anyone is interested I could show that off for those who are curious.  

I am fine waiting until May.  I don't plan on doing much until then anyways.  I do want to setup a lighting matrix if anyone has done that or is thinking about it I would like to learn more.  

Lets pick a date.  May 9th I am open but right before mothers day so that may be bad for people.  May 16th, 23rd, 30th are all good for me.  

LOR is coming out with a new one by the end of March and Xlights 4 should be out by then as well.

March 21 just freed up for me, if anyone's interested in getting together.

Tony?

Shaggy?

I'm going to say probably not due to some family logistics i'd have to work out - but if you do decide to meet let me know!

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Is there still interests in having a get2gether this evening?  We'd like to see other folk's display videos and/or pictures. If not, we'll just stay home and solder some controller cards and pixel strings.  Pls LMK Thanks

Is there still interests in having a get2gether this evening?  We'd like to see other folk's display videos and/or pictures. If not, we'll just stay home and solder some controller cards and pixel strings.  Pls LMK Thanks

Yes, there is; I will be there as will several others.

Hope to see you there.

I am available.  

See you there.