Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with sequence dragging

randallr

I've noticed this problem... I have done some alternating to the beat, using 'full on' between halves of my 368 channels... Thought maybe it was just the editor dragging some, but the scheduled show exhibits a similar problem... It looses the beat and tries to catch up... I've taken some of the channels out of the pattern, and it keeps up better...

Is that the problem? Any other solutions?

Randall

One more thing--- these sequences are .05 increments and many of the effects are short and work fine until I have a BUNCH of channels doing it..

Watching the sequence editor, it pauses, then jumps when it hits them.

Will a faster computer help with this?

Thanks,

Randall

www.AndrewsChristmas.com

The system does not have infinite bandwidth so you can reach a limit on the comm. Have you speed set to the highest setting. You do that in the Sequence Editor Edit->Preferences->Network Preference. Each setting is about twice the speed of the one before it. At the highest speed the 500 channel show should have no problems with fast timings.

Also, there is a setting in the Comm Preferences section (OLD MCP ... ) make sure that is NOT checked.

Next year with LOR II you can setup multiple networks and have each running at high speed.