Light-O-Rama Forums

Workmans Wild Wires 2014 (Special Effects)

Brandon

Hi all, this marks our 9th year doing light shows and I was finally able to get a video edited.  this show was our favorite and people loved it.  I custom tailored the audio with music from Thomas Bergersen,  Also featuring - Back to the Future, Hook, Home Alone, Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Frozen.

This show also includes fog machines and lasers.  hope you like it, I will update this post with more videos as I get them finished.

Movie Collage 2014

• Like 3

Brandon,

What kind of RGB lights did you use to shine on the side and the front of the house?

Looks like they blast a nice color from a distance.

Brand, model, type, wattage, etc...

And more particulars on the rest of what you used would be nice too if you don't mind sharing the info.

As I said previously, very nice!!!

Great sequencing too. :)

Tom

WOW! That was awesome! Where do I start? so many questions? What did you use for the lasers? the fog machines? were those RGB floods thru the fog?  

Thanks everyone for the comments.  the lights shining on the house are just phillips spot lights from home depot. We have 10 fixtures around the front of the house, each one has 3 spot lights. Red, green, blue. The fixtures are homemade and not weather proof unfortunately so we put clear bags over them when its bad weather. The base of the fixture is a cutout wood circle with three standard light sockets mounted to it. The lights are (I think) 120 watt white spot lights. We put gels on top of them for richer color. The lights are angled slightly to the center so that the colors overlap making it so we can get any color we want. 
The rest of the housing is made out of a cylinder concrete form with plexiglass on top.
They work really nice and look much better in person. 
I hope I explained that well.

The laser is an X-Laser Mobile Beat MK5.  It is a 450mw Laser.  We built a heated box for it to sit in, the box is thermostat controlled to keep room temperature.  The laser didn't show up real well on the video but in person it looks fantastic.  We also used Pangolin QuickShow to control the laser and laser cues are triggered via DMX from LOR.

The fog machines are Chauvet.  I don't remember what kind they are but they put out a good amount of fog.  

Edited by Brandon

Brandon,

Great thinking/idea and usage on the three white floods per fixture. They look like RGB LED floods.

Thank you for providing the details on those.

For the rest of the house lights, what did you use?

Tom

Brandon,

Great thinking/idea and usage on the three white floods per fixture. They look like RGB LED floods.

Thank you for providing the details on those.

For the rest of the house lights, what did you use?

Tom

Tom, we have 4 sets of C9's in 7 different sections, Red, Green, Blue, and Orange totaling 28 channels.  there are also chasing Icicles, and mini light icicles each on their own channel.  

We have had the spot light fixtures for quite a few years now and they have really made the show look nice.

Edited by Brandon

Excellent job of sequencing, videoing and editing...

Simple, yet very elegant...

Fantastic job...

Love the different heights of the Mini Trees in the background...great idea...

Edited by jimswinder