Light-O-Rama Forums

Advanced Network Preferences Screen

Torqumada286

Probably so, yes.

However, I'd be curious to know what one has in their LOR Network Preferences where a 'reset to default' option would be needed. To me you'd just change the COM/AUX settings as needed.

I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling will do the trick.

I think that running the LOR Registry Wipe program will, but it might be overkill: It will wipe out the vast majority of your LOR-related preferences, not just your network preferences.  So if you choose to do this, make sure that you understand that fact and are willing to accept it.  Also, make sure to shut down all of your LOR programs (including "Unload Light-O-Rama" in the LOR Control Panel) before running it.

If you are comfortable editing your Windows registry manually, I believe that deleting the following two keys would do it:

(1) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared\NetVersion

(2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared\Network

The "Network" key may or may not be present; if it's not present, don't worry about it.  Also, there may or may not be other keys that looks something like "Network0F7C1D3CFB0740B28E33A5C122D2A5E8"; if they are there, don't worry about them (i.e. you don't have to delete them).

However:

(1) Again, make sure that all your LOR programs are shut down before doing this.

(2) Be forewarned: Manually modifying your Windows registry is fraught with peril.  It's very easy to screw your computer up in a wide variety of ways by doing this, even if you think you know what you're doing, and even if you really do know what you're doing.  So do this only at your own risk.

Let me add to Bob's message about editing the registry manually. Its way too easy to do but in fact, when you make a change in there, it happens instantly and there is NO undo button. If you purposely or accidently delete something you shouldn't have, you could easily kill your machine requiring a full reformat and reinstallation of the entire OS. Sort of depends on what you did.

• Like 1