Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree

Bustluvr

Hi all LOR Gods I have a question. I have a mega tree with 16 strands on LED lights. I want to have the lights move in a circle to the music one stand at a time. what do I need to acomplish this feet????? does the mega tree need its own controler?????? what part of LOR software would I use????? Thank you :P :P :P :P :P

Well yes, you would need to control them, so an AC controller is needed. Using the "chase" tool in the SE will make it easy to chase them however you wish

Hey dgrant so I have to add a controler & id it to which ever sequence im using the mega tree light  chase lights. correct? next question were is the chase tool I looked for it  unable to locate it. thank you for ur time.

First question, do you own a controller? Have you looked at the video tutorials on up above here in the forums? If no controller yet, its great that you are asking questions first and looking into things before buying and getting hooked on this hobby. If you have a controller and using it, Its on the right top area of the Sequencer Editor or in the Tools menu pulldown of the software. For the this discussion, I'm going to assume you don't have a controller at this time so please correct me if I'm wrong....In this system, the controller, AC type, only turns on/off/fades/shimmers/twinkles the light strings connected to each of its 16 plugs. The controller(residential series) will only respond to commands from either a PC or LOR Director. In the software that you get for free, there are different license levels which turn on different functions and capabilities. If you are going to get into this hobby for real, go straight to the advanced version of the license which will turn on most everything other than SuperStar. There's a description page that will show you the different license levels/costs for the capabilities. Depending on many factors will depend on what you need in regards to hardware. Lets say you wish to run your show from a PC and you can run a CAT5/6 wire from it to the location of the controller. You will need the controller, USB/RS485 adapter/converter(sold only by LOR), software license, CAT5/6 wire and some lights. LOR sells a starter package which you should look at. Sequencing lights to music takes time, pure and simple. You do this in the sequence editor where you've configured the hardware assignments. The HWU or hardware utility allows you to change the controller number of any residential series controller and you can test the individual channels manually. Yes, its part of the software package.

The first question I would ask is, have you downloaded the LOR demo package?

The controller isn't needed to hookup time.

The chase button looks like a "stair step" icon.

As dgrant said, go thru the tutorials. It's only January and you will learn alot and understand alot more doing this.

Homework, homework, homework.

Seriously.

Hummmm bustluver has been a member here for 2 years and has posted 66 times. I have to wonder where such questions are coming from?

Max - being somewhat of an accomplished expert in the sport, I recognize a chain being jerked.

Nice job Busty!

• Like 1

Hope I wasn't getting my chain jerked. I try to respond to all questions as authentic. Some may catch me up at times...lol, what can I say.

Hope I wasn't getting my chain jerked. I try to respond to all questions as authentic. Some may catch me up at times...lol, what can I say.

Hey, someone will get good info here if it's provided so keep doin what your doin.

Chain pulled or not, others will learn from it.

Thanks dgrant yes I have a controler. I have just finshed my second season using LOR. I trying to do something different my show.

I'll always try to give the best answers I can. From time to time, I make mistakes too...and please correct me when I'm wrong. I'm always open to constructive critique. I did get my chain pulled on the one about transmitting AC via RF...lol, I fell for that one because I took it literally, then looking at it from an engineering level, how it could really be done! Probably could make it work, but you wouldn't want to be anywhere near it. Nikola Tesla did it but it was a bit dangerous....I can picture our shows, arcing and sparking...might be cool for Halloween but the trick-or-treaters would stay far away....of course, it would save on candy!