Light-O-Rama Forums

This Year's Show

Ron Boyd

Well another year in the books. We had a great turnout after it finally got started a week or two after Thanksgiving. I am in the process of loading videos to the show and they will be on my Vimeo page and my website.

Plans for next year are already in the making and almost complete. I'm going to try my best, not to add anything after March of this year. (I think I can do it this time)

Anyway, if you care to peek at the videos, they will be here:

www.boydchristmasinlights.com/videos

I do plan on a better camera for next year, just as a side note.

For those that wonder, everything in the 2014 show was sequenced using the Superstar software and ran by LOR S3

Edited by Ron Boyd

I spoke with Andy when he visited and ask if we still were doing a Mini in March, "Absolutely" he said. Sounds great to me.

Can you tell me the difference in your two trees are they both pixel node trees ? I noticed the one on the right looks awesome with the effects.

The right one is a 180° tree with 16 strings of 50 WS2811 flat pixels. The left one is a 360° tree 24 x 25 WS2811 Bullet pixels. They are wrapped in a clear, 1" split wire loom. I did the 360 this year for the first time and was none too impressed with it. I wanted something different for the second pixel tree, so this was a test. Plans are to convert it to a 2D Ray tree, 12 x 50. I'll still have the 180° in 2015. Everybody loves that one.

Love the 180 tree. I plan to order the 16 string kit from holiday Coro this year. Hope It turns out half as good as urs

Good looking stuff Ron. I like the circles around the door. Simple but do some cool effects. I would like to see one of those in person or show a close up picture. Nice job.

Awesome display....I am going to make a 180 pixel tree for 2015.  The tree on the right was it 5v or 12v?  Do you have any pics of the build that you would be willing to share?

Most all of my pixels are 5v including the 180° tree. I don't have any pictures of the build, but everything was done as Walter Montrose designed. Go to magicchristmas.com or do a search for color motion tree. Really the only thing that's different on my tree, I used square WS2811 Pixels and I used a dab of hot glue under with 2 zip ties per pixel. I tried the taping deal, and my way was simple. My topper is a bit different than his too. I had a 12" diameter circle made out of 1/4" aluminum. I also have the JUMP (Jack Up Mega Pole) and Portable Hole II. Let me get to a pc and I'll link you to Walter's site.

On this page are 3 pdf files for the JUMP, Portable Hole I and II as well as the Color Motion Tree. 

http://www.magicchristmasnews.org/magic_christmas_news_002.htm

All the info you need will be in these files. It's how mine was done. Oh, his is like 240° and mine's 180° and a bit more narrow at the bottom.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron,

As always .. an AWESOME display ...

One thing I found so funny that I almost fell out of my chair ...

Christmas Eve Sarajevo .. amazing that you live in TN and I live in TX and yet we have the EXACT SAME INTRO ... HAHAHHAHAHAA...

Really like the pixel pinwheel .. I may have to either replace my candy cane pinwheel or give it a playmate ..

Seriously .. as always .. great show ...

Bob

• 2 years later...
  • The topic was locked