Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights 'blink' between songs

DavBro

Don't see any info on this, and I don't remember having this issue last year...

My lighted signs, as well as some other lights that remain constant through the duration of the show, will briefly 'blink' between songs. I know I can make a background sequence to run these, but these channels are briefly used in one of the songs in my show.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

DavBro wrote:

Don't see any info on this, and I don't remember having this issue last year...

My lighted signs, as well as some other lights that remain constant through the duration of the show, will briefly 'blink' between songs. I know I can make a background sequence to run these, but these channels are briefly used in one of the songs in my show.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

This is the way it worked last year as well. Perhaps something has make it more noticable this year.

DavBro wrote:

I know I can make a background sequence to run these, but these channels are briefly used in one of the songs in my show.

You can have a channel in both the background sequence and in one of the songs, as long as the following behavior is acceptable:

Let's assume you have a 1-minute background sequence that turns the channel on. This will result in an "on" command being sent once a minute. This channel will remain on after each sequence that doesn't include it. (It will not 'blink'.)

At the end of the sequence that uses this channel, it will turn off, and then turn on in 0-60 seconds depending on the timing of the background sequence.

If the sequence in question has the channel off for an extended period, then there is a chance that the 1-minute "on" command will be sent during this period, which will cause the channel to turn on. A workaround is to continually switch the channel between "off" and "1%".

This setup would work well if:
  1. The channel is something like the "tune radio" sign that can afford to be off for a few seconds at the end of your "big" sequence.
  2. The sequence in question has the effect of "all lights off" for a fraction of a second at a dramatic point in the song. If this effect is at the end of the song, even better.