Light-O-Rama Forums

bass.dll (wrong version)

a31ford

No Idea if this is the correct place to ask this, but here goes.

bass.dll  (LOR sequence editor 3.11.2 advanced suite), running on XP Pro (Version    5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 )

Bass.dll Gets created in  > C:\Documents and Settings\Entertainment System\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft < during the load of the sequence editor.

Problem, error box is displayed

bass-error_zps74f40621.gif

Does anyone have a fix for this ?

Greg

LOR does not use bass for playing audio.    Some other program installed bass.  Maybe a game did it to you.   Try re-installing LOR to fix it.  

see this thread

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/34319-no-show-this-year-so-far-invalid-bassdll-32-required/?p=314356

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Hi Bob, it only comes up when the sequence editor is loaded, AND, the funny thing is it's NOT the file size (Roughly) if the real bass.dll (it's about 16k, where as real bass.dll files are in the 91-105k mark.

I'm starting to think something is lurking on this computer, BUT there are NO games, except what is included with windoze.

Update > I did install 4 video conversion utilities.... Hum...... Will follow with results.

Greg

I am running XP Pro Service Pack 3  and I just did a search for the file bass.dll.  No file found

Bass is an audio tool library  by un4seen     http://www.un4seen.com/      Its not part of windows and not installed by or used by LOR.   

My SpEx  audio tool uses bass.dll so I am familiar with it.  It will be on your PC if you install SpEx.

So.... "TADA"  fixed... (well...)

To make a long story short,  start, search, all files and folders ,  type the filename bass.dll (make sure searching in hidden folders AND system folders is enabled in the advanced search options search)

To prove to myself I figured it out, I simply did a "rename"  of each file and added .old (note the dot in-front of .old) this way the file is still intact if you need it to run something else (in my case it's the two programs that the search found the bass.dll file in those folders)

Opened the LOR sequence editor, works great !!!!!! (no bass.dll error)

the stuff in the recycler is ME testing so disregard those entries.....

Bassdllfound_zpsb18c8608.gif

So I guess the way this file works (the bass.dll file) is that once it's on your computer, simply renaming it STOPS it from tagging into the LOR sequence editor, when you start it.

I hope this simple solution works for all people that have this problem.

Greg

Edited by a31ford