Light-O-Rama Forums

Light o Rama in Italy

micheleboato

Hi!

I'm a new entry on this world, i m live in Italy Venice. I would like extend this market in Italy and this year i would like create my first small show :-)

Do you know if there are other EU people (IT,DE,FR...ecc) in this forum? I need some place for buy led light on good price!!

Bye

Michele

Welcome.. Loved your city when we were there a few years ago. 

I have no idea where you can buy the stuff you need over there, but I wish you well. 

There's plenty of LightORama users in Europe. We're currently focused mainly in Ireland, the UK and France however there are others further North and East. We don't have a forum ourselves (yet!) but we have a very active Facebook group called LOR Users UK. I'm not as active here as I used to be but we'll help you out on the group if you join.

Edited by spomalley

Welcome to this world. I am a newbie myself, and had my first show this season. I have found it hard to fint lights with 220-240v that does not have a transformator. And a transformator would make it hard to dim/fade/twinkle and so on.

This year I bought all my LED lights from Light-o-rama store. I have a 16 CCR tree, and that is compatible with our electricity. I also have some RGB Floods and RGB Strips. They all came with a transformator that worked in Europe. Just needed to change the plug to a EU plug. Since all my RGB lights is 12v, it works perfekt. For next year I am expanding with some white 220v items, and I plan to buy them from http://festive-lights.com, located in UK. Shipping to Norway, and Norwegian import tax is quite expensive, but at the time my only option. Talked to a big importer of christmas lights in Norway, and they will get some for me, but not until 2016.

Let me know if you find any good places to buy your stuff. And dont be afraid to keep in touch or ask the Forum for help. People in here are the best people in the world.

Just my two cents worth.. but you guys in other countries where the power is 220-240vac,.. and because I have read many places that 220v lights are hard to find without a transformer.. you might want to just go straight to low voltage LEDs such as 5vdc or 12vdc pixels or strips.  Finding power supplies to get from 220vac to Low voltage DC is easy.  

Again, just a thought.

Festive Lights has a trade discount deal with LOR Users UK. I've been doing this for several years now and in hindsight I would have started and gone straight to RGB lights (the low voltage stuff). It was only taking off when I started however. Many people also just buy 110v lights and run the controller off a transformer.

Festive Lights has a trade discount deal with LOR Users UK. I've been doing this for several years now and in hindsight I would have started and gone straight to RGB lights (the low voltage stuff). It was only taking off when I started however. Many people also just buy 110v lights and run the controller off a transformer.

That works too.  Make sure you use LEDs so you don't have to have such a big transformer. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

It was arrive the led light from  http://festive-lights.com, Very good!

Many Voltage is perfect also with 220v and it s working fine with shimmer and dimmer effect!!!!

I bought also low voltage and it s working fine with trasformer 220-24 but it s better Many Voltage for dimmer effect

So if you need led light m5 on 220v for on\off and shimmer...or singing face it seems to me that it s perfect!

I m waiting led light from aliexpress :-) .... We will see

• The topic was locked