Light-O-Rama Forums

Startup in Show Editor

derekb

OK, I finally have everything working to have my projector automatically turn on and off. I created a 2 second sequence that just calls the .bat file to either turn projector on or off. Where should I call that sequence from? Should I put it in the startup of the show? Dose startup run first or concurrently with the files in the animation tab? I just have all the shows setup so tight, I am dreading changing all shows by 2 seconds. Thanks in advance!

Ok. Been reading and I think I know what I want to do. Let me know if things work like I think. I have a 1 minute static white lights on that runs for 1 hour before it gets dark enough for the shows. If I understand startup correctly, can I have this show running over and over for 1 hour, but the startup sequence will only run once? I just don't want it sending a command to the projector every minute. Thanks!

To help anyone working on this or thinking about it, I have been experimenting. I put the projector off sequence in the shutdown section of my last show of the evening. For the first show, I found that adding the projector on sequence was not soon enough. The computer doesn't have time to realize the projector is on and the video for the first sequence plays on the computer screen. So I just created a show before the first show and the only thing I have it doing is calling the projector on sequence and that seems to work.

Edited by derekb

I know I am talking to myself. Ha. But if anyone is working on getting a projector to automate with LOR, Ernie over on the DIY Christmas lights forum is a genius.

I got myself a projector and have everything setup in one of the bedrooms! Ready to go, working great! Then in October son moves back in and is using said bedroom, thus no projector this year! I love my son! :rolleyes:

It never worked out well in the house for me. People, cables, etc. So this year I moved the setup in the garage and I love it being there.

The family puts up with a lot at my home! A garage that doesn't have cars in it, rooms that have Christmas projects going on all the time and of course Christmas music year round.