Light-O-Rama Forums

I need to solve the ELL Issue.. Looking for ideas

plasmadrive

I wonder if it might be a bad solder point. With temperature changing it might just be enough to open or close the connection...

Two in a row is a bit of a odds breaker for a solder joint.. Not impossible however.

Plasma, for what it's worth... read this post,  http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/8769-some-channels-come-on-and-stay-on/?view=getnewpost

and try the RS485  terminator set like the ones I show pictures of in that post...

If you get a chance, do some research on the RS 485 protocol, you will find tons of info on creating a balanced or terminated 485 network.

EACH segment of cable (before the ELLS, and after, as it can be any segment that has the noise) this would be the reason they test fine when you test later......

Greg

Edited by a31ford

Hey Greg,

Not a termination issue.  Not a noise issue.. Been thru all that..  It is not a reflective problem..  What ever caused these two ELLs to stop working is unrelated to the RS485 network. 

Craig

Garage door opener, wireless security camera ?? no other ideas, sorry Craig. Hope you resolve this.

Greg

Happy New year !!!

The only thing RF wise in my display is an Arduino with a nRF transmitter.   However... I doubt that is of issue.  It would not be able to kill one and stop the other from receiving data.  As well, ,the only thing I did to fix it was to put another in their place.  Same mounting place.  Been working fine ever since.  I still have to try the two that failed in real application again since they work on the HU... When I find out.. IF I find out.. I will post.