Light-O-Rama Forums

NEED HELP FAST!!

Scot Meyers

HELP PLEASE
Last night my dcmp3 board was working fine today i added some more to the show and reload under show 1. Now i canot get the MP# control baord to sync up to my 4 boards. my board status bulbs will sync for about 10 sec and then flash.

can some one help me correct this ???

Scot meyers

Thornton CO

Scot Meyers wrote:

my board status bulbs will sync for about 10 sec and then flash.

By board status bulbs, do you mean your 4 boards LED's flash? What happens with the lights in the DC-MP3 when you insert the card and then what happens when you first insert the card and what happens a few seconds later?

david

The mp3 board goes green while all 4 CTB16D board status light syncs for about 5 sec ond then begin to blink.

Scot Meyers wrote:

david

The mp3 board goes green while all 4 CTB16D board status light syncs for about 5 sec ond then begin to blink.

If you press reset on the DC-MP3, do the 4 LED's do a quick chase sequence. If so, how many times. Have you tried eliminating the shows you added to see if it works then? You can also try bumping up the network speed when you write the SD card assuming you have version 2 or 3 of the firmware. If you have version 1, you change the speed via the selector switch. You might also want to turn off Lock Step if you've got it turned on.

It sounds like the DC-MP3 does not like the show on the card. If this is an older version did you check the OldFirmware button when you created the show?

Thanks Dan

I found that the hardware utility was at 1.6.3 i upgraded the hardware utility to 1.6.15. I also upladed the version 3 firmware for the mp3 card. it now runs the show. However I have found a 2nd problem. if i load the sequences onto the sdcard thru the hardware utility it works. but when i load the sequences to the SD card thru simple show builder it load the show twice and will only play the 1st sequence over and over . did i do something wrong

Scot

Scot Meyers wrote:

Thanks Dan

I found that the hardware utility was at 1.6.3 i upgraded the hardware utility to 1.6.15. I also upladed the version 3 firmware for the mp3 card. it now runs the show. However I have found a 2nd problem. if i load the sequences onto the sdcard thru the hardware utility it works. but when i load the sequences to the SD card thru simple show builder it load the show twice and will only play the 1st sequence over and over . did i do something wrong

Scot

Scot,

I do not think that it would have been your issue with the SSB. I cannot be sure that you did or didn't do something wrong but you should not be allowed to do something wrong.

We will look into it.

Dan

Thanks Dan

Im not too worried about it because it works fine thru the hardware utility

just thought i would let you know of my anomilly with the simple show builder