Light-O-Rama Forums

With MP3 Director, is there a way to add a few songs to Show1 without having to reload the other 16?

jeffostroff

So I've got 16 songs on my SD card for the MP3 Director. I complete a new song and want to add it to my existing SHow#1. The problem is, you have to overwrite the show, I don't see a way to just add the song to the others on that show.

Is there a better way to do this, or do I have to always re do the sequence order for all 16 songs just to add another song to the list on the card?

It would be nice if HArdware program had a way to read your SD card into memory, then you just add the sequence and save it back to the card.

Am I missing something that would make my life easier?

Agreed, you have to pick them all again and setup your schedules. If you have multiple shows, it will leave your other shows on the SD card.

That's a real pain in the buttocks. Any word of an improvement for this in a new release of hardware program? This really stinks when I have 30 plus songs and I have to re-load them all manually one at a time and try to reorder 30 songs the way i want them when you can only see like 5 at at a time in that tiny window. Seems like an easy omplementation in code to me to solve this. Hey maybe Chuck can write something like he did for the channels on LOR

jeffostroff wrote:

That's a real pain in the buttocks. Any word of an improvement for this in a new release of hardware program? This really stinks when I have 30 plus songs and I have to re-load them all manually one at a time and try to reorder 30 songs the way i want them when you can only see like 5 at at a time in that tiny window. Seems like an easy omplementation in code to me to solve this. Hey maybe Chuck can write something like he did for the channels on LOR

And you can only select one file at a time. At least with the Show Editor, you can select multiple files and then sort them in whatever order you need.

If an SDK came out and the right things were exposed, that is something that I'd work on, but that doesn't seem likely at this point.

dslowik wrote:

jeffostroff wrote:

And you can only select one file at a time. At least with the Show Editor, you can select multiple files and then sort them in whatever order you need.

If an SDK came out and the right things were exposed, that is something that I'd work on, but that doesn't seem likely at this point.

There are plans to improve the show builder for the MP3 directors so that you can modifiy an existing show. That will not happen until next year.