Light-O-Rama Forums

ECG-P2 and LOR S3 NOT Communicating

Dave H1

Hmmm. Are you using one of the new DP2's or the older style like what's in my videos? If it's the older style it should work in multicast.

Hmmm. Are you using one of the new DP2's or the older style like what's in my videos? If it's the older style it should work in multicast.

I received the original one in early September and didn't start to test it until mid-November when it stopped working after a day or so.  I sent it back to Ed and he found that the ethernet chip went south and he sent me a new board.  So now to answer your question, It looks like the ones in your video, just doesn't work like the one in your video.

Now, I had added a second NIC card to be dedicated to E1.31.  I did add an "economical" switch (for anticipated additional P-2s) and then the p2 connects to that.

Andy

Was reading some posts over on AussieChris....on setting up Unicast.  Since I have a separate NIC card which is manually set to 10.10.10.50 (sound familar) do I need to do any settings under the DNS Server tab??

Dave,

I know its no consolation to your issue, but I am running 3 P2's in Multicast from LOR S3.

To your last question, no. you dont need anything under DNS. DNS is basically nothing more than an address book to lookup IP addresses from host names... ie.. bob.somewhere.net = 999.999.999.999  And vice versa.

You mentioned that you added a NIC card....

Run and post a couple of commands...

c:\>route print

and

c:\>netsh interface ip show joins

I'm suspecting that there might be a routing issue?

I have a persistent static route to ensure that all my multicast traffic only goes through the hardwire NIC and not back out.. in my case, the wireless nic ..

Also ... Do you have Windows Firewall turned on? If so .. either turn if off and test ... and/or add an exception for LORCommListener (thats what is showing in my exception list)

Bob

Bob and everyone else,

Thanks for your information, have a family emergency to travel to so hopefully we can take is back up when I return

I had similar issue with a new dual NIC computer this year.  The computer wanted to put out the multicast to the wrong port.  I have a IT buddy look at it.  He did some command line editing to make the multicast come out the correct port.  Worked perfect for the last 4 weeks!

KEN

Here is a post I made in another thread....

It contains the original post link and the command that should fix your multicast routing issues.

++++

There is a great thread here :

http://forums.lighto...=+static +route

The command to isolate MULTICAST is

route -p add 224.0.0.0 mask 240.0.0.0 <ip of correct pc interface to use> metric 5

This will keep all the Multicast traffic on the specified NIC (sepcified by its IP) ...

This is the comamnd that I used on my show ...

The "-p" makes the route persistant (permanent) so you dont have to enter this everytime you boot or put it into a startup or batch file.

Bob