Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Vacation 16 CCR Sequence

davensj

Very good Dave. Is this your last one for the year, if so you finished with a good one. Love that movie.

Were you able to put a display out? If not, trust me you have still made many peoples holidays a whole lot brighter this year. "Let It Go" what a hit that has been, it gets requested constantly. The sequences with your trees in them are by far the most favorite. You bring these songs to life. My yard was packed again last night and you were a part of that.

Were you able to put a display out? If not, trust me you have still made many peoples holidays a whole lot brighter this year. "Let It Go" what a hit that has been, it gets requested constantly. The sequences with your trees in them are by far the most favorite. You bring these songs to life. My yard was packed again last night and you were a part of that.

100% agree.  I wasn't planning on a CCR tree this year, but after seeing Dave's "Let It Go" in July, I had to build one, and made it the centerpiece of the display.  Added many more of Dave's sequences as well.

Now, I've got people singing along with their car windows down, and the music loud, and I'm in Michigan with <30 degree temps.  Who would have thunk it?  

You definitely raised the bar on this display.  Thanks Dave.

Edited by iflights

Dave,

Another great CCR sequence!  I think you definitely found your calling!!!   I agree, my CCR tree is by far the main attraction to my show and with most sequences playing being your creations I tip my hat to you!  My daughter absolutely loves Let it Go!  Merry Christmas!  

Great Job Dave as always. Wish I could do this type of programming. Haha...

Edited by Jeff Messer

Hey thanks era, iflights, doug and gmac!!  I'm honored and flattered by your comments, thank you :-)

I have been so busy this year, I finally made time to complete this sequence.  I just finished the 12 CCR version

http://holidaysequences.wistia.com/medias/282pzga4ft

Hi Doug, I started to set up my CCR tree today. The hard part is done.  The rain kept me from setting up on my days off, go figure, haha.  I certainly hope the sequences bring alot of joy and eye candy to everyone who sees them.  Christmas Vacation is my last sequence this year.  I need to spend time with family and friends again...  And finish my CCR tree, LOL

Well, i was planning on building a 12 CCR tree for next year. I guess 16 is the new 12! Any recommendations for the tree itself? I.e, width between CCR's at the base, etc?

Your sequences are absolutely amazing.

Hi robigd, 12 CCRs are still popular. I will certainly to 16 next year. As far as width at the base, either 10 or 12 inches apart seem to work well. Me personally, I like 10" apart.

We set up a 12 ccr tree with help from holiday coro and holiday sequences. It is the center piece of my display and get constant comments about not seeing anything like this..ever. Am planning on two for next year and that sequence is awesome, I have 7 holiday sequences running on my ccr tree.

Great work as always Dave! I would love to add this one but its a little late. Like you said time to enjoy time with friends and family! Lights are up, time to relax and enjoy them. You do great work and all your sequences have made my display better than I could've ever imagined. When I decided to purchase a pixel tree kit from holidaycoro the week before Halloween, I was thinking for next year. It was up and going on Thanksgiving with help from you! Thanks again. You have no idea how many kids, parents, grandparents and great grand parents lives you touched with your masterpieces. Thanks again Dave!

Mjm and uncledan, oh wow, your nice comments really touched me. Thank you for the kind comments. Kinda has me teary eyed ;-)

Thank you everyone for those nice comments. I appreciate it. By the way, I'd love to see video :-D

Dave, your sequences are the best. We do a food drive for our local food bank and your sequences has helped us bring in record donations. When we first bought our 12 ccrs we figured to do all of our own sequences but my job took me in another direction and I have little time so you have been such a great help. Our Cal-De-Sac all decorates but the CCR's are the hit of the circle. We have to actually go out and direct traffic because of all the visitors that just stop to watch the shows. I just want to say thank you for your great work and just wanted to let you know your sequences has helped contribute to a very successful food drive.

Happy Holidays,

Rob

Hi Rob! Thank you for the compliment. I'm very flattered :-)

I don't know about the best sequences haha. But thank you. I'm just trying to make fun scenes and I love that people enjoy them. Thank you :-)

Amazing job again!

You know, I have all the skills to create every individual element you put in these sequences. But what you have (in abundance, and what I lack) is the skill (a creative mind) to take all those individual pieces, weave them together with the music and impeccable timing and tell a story which is just captivating.

Again, well done. And I DO have time to modify my tree with this sequence and add it to my existing "Christmas Vacation" sequence. I just can't find it in your 'store'.

Another awesome sequence Dave!

I keep pondering whether I need to move up to 16 strings or not..sure opens up more graphic possibilities!

Neal

Dave, I have a 16 string 50 pixel per string tree controlled by a sandevices controller. will your 16 ccr sequences work for my setup?