Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Editor not playing shutdown sequence.

richardh

I have a sequence with music that I want to play when the show is ending.

The computer is a Windows 2000 machine. The sequence runs fine in the sequence editor. The problem happens when I put it in the "shutdown" window in the Show Editor.

It will not play the audio and only one channel is working.

If I put this same sequence into the "Musical" window in the show Editor and make it part of the show, it will play just fine.

Anybody successfully using the "Shutdown" feature successfully in LOR II?

-Richard

The current gamma (as of 2.0.8) of LOR II doesn't support musical sequences in the startup and shutdown tabs. The lights will play, with no audio. (I've never heard of the one-channel working problem -- the lights work ok on mine...)

This has been discussed here a little bit, and a few of us (including me) are really hoping for a patch soon if possible...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

The current gamma (as of 2.0.8) of LOR II doesn't support musical sequences in the startup and shutdown tabs. The lights will play, with no audio. (I've never heard of the one-channel working problem -- the lights work ok on mine...)
-Tim

And video support in the startup and shutdown tab as well... PLEASE!!!

LOR II is awesome, but a patch for this one would be great!! I can't use my Demented Elf opening and closing voiceovers that I layed over video because they aren't meant to repeat in a single night's show.

Dan did say he would fix it but he did not specify when......:D

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/15364.html

Also I made a work around..... my show starts at 5 and since my startup didnt work I made a seperate "show" called startup in the musical tab to start one minute prior to the "main" show,(4:59.00-4:59.30) since its only a minute it will only run it once. I set it for one full minute and didnt realize that the startup was less than that and it repeated itself. So I shortend the length on the scheduler to 30seconds run time. This way, when the startup ends it imediatly runs the "main"show. A bit of a pain but it does work. Also did it for shut down.

Ok thanks. I have not had a lot of time to keep up with the threads on all the message boards.

I will just do it this year like I did last year. It is the same method that Joe talked about.