Light-O-Rama Forums

Customer-Support-Saving Feature Request

Tim Fischer

Actually two related ones, which should eliminate a lot of support calls/posts here:

1. When you attempt to assign two channels to the same physical unit/circuit, there should be an in-your-face warning, saying which channel already has that assignment, and telling you that you really don't want to do that in most cases.
  2. There should autility that can be called up to "check for channels with no assignment". This would higlight (or display somehow) any channels which the user forgot to assign a physical unit/circuit to. Of course, people use such tracks for beat tracks, etc. but it would be nice to have them able to be called out so you could verify that you didn't leave out something you actualy wanted in the show.

I keep reading post after post of "I can't control my lights in the sequence editor" as well as "one of my channels doesn't work (but it works in the HWU)", and these two would help either eliminate those, or at least provide an easy answer for them...

-Tim

Being able to sort the channels by controller unit/circuit number in the Channel Properties menu would allow us to easily check for unassigned or duplicate unit channels.

Theron

I had the same issue... But now I check them with a little script that pulls all the channels out of the LMS and makes sure there aren't duplicates. More of a pain but at least I can check myself this year.

Should be easy for LOR to add a checkpoint for this.

Good idea Tim...

Rich

Good idea since I am one of those guys :)

P.S. Thoe i have learned my lesson now, and triple check all my asssignments.

But I did find in LOR 2.0.8 that if you have a channel assigned on a song sequence, but have no toggled cells, than make an animation for that channel under background (ex. Signs), after each song, the lights would blink off for about two-five seconds on that channel. Not sure if this happen in LOR I, did not try.

Chuck N