Light-O-Rama Forums

Show schedule drifting?

oilmoney

What I've done is create 2 shows, show 1 is just filler with some lights doing simple stuff to fill in the gap between show 2's run time. As I want the lights to be on for awhile before the show starts I have show 1 playing back to back 5 times with show 2 scheduled to start at 5pm. I've noticed that show 2 has been starting a bit later than their scheduled times every 30 minutes, tonight it didn't start until 5:05 which is the latest yet. It' was 5:05 showing on my pc clock BTW.  The reason I'm posting this is that I seen the post about how the alarm clock is losing time since the shows have been running. Anyone ever run into this before? What I'm thinking of doing is just create 1 single sequence that's 55 mins long to use before the show, with the paste multiple to the end of sequence its not much work to build it, just wondering if anyone has run into this before?

Edited by oilmoney

What I've done is create 2 shows, show 1 is just filler with some lights doing simple stuff to fill in the gap between show 2's run time. As I want the lights to be on for awhile before the show starts I have show 1 playing back to back 5 times with show 2 scheduled to start at 5pm. I've noticed that show 2 has been starting a bit later than their scheduled times every 30 minutes, tonight it didn't start until 5:05 which is the latest yet. It' was 5:05 showing on my pc clock BTW.  The reason I'm posting this is that I seen the post about how the alarm clock is losing time since the shows have been running. Anyone ever run into this before? What I'm thinking of doing is just create 1 single sequence that's 55 mins long to use before the show, with the paste multiple to the end of sequence its not much work to build it, just wondering if anyone has run into this before?

At the end of a scheduled show one of the following will happen:

If a musical sequence is playing then the sequence will continue until the end. The show will then to go the Shutdown tab (if applicable.)

If an animation sequence is playing then that sequence will stop, and move to the shutdown tab.

In both cases the software will move on the next scheduled show. If no show is schedule, then it will wait.

You've created 2 shows. Sounds like Show 1 is set to start with just animation sequences. When you say you have "show 1 playing back to back 5 times," what exactly do you mean? A show is a collection of sequences. Are you saying you have show 1 scheduled 5 different times in the Schedule Editor? If so, then you should probably change that. Create a show with your lights on animation sequence, and schedule that show to run from whenever to 5pm. 

At 5pm schedule Show 2 to start. 

At the end of a scheduled show one of the following will happen:

If a musical sequence is playing then the sequence will continue until the end. The show will then to go the Shutdown tab (if applicable.)

If an animation sequence is playing then that sequence will stop, and move to the shutdown tab.

In both cases the software will move on the next scheduled show. If no show is schedule, then it will wait.

You've created 2 shows. Sounds like Show 1 is set to start with just animation sequences. When you say you have "show 1 playing back to back 5 times," what exactly do you mean? A show is a collection of sequences. Are you saying you have show 1 scheduled 5 different times in the Schedule Editor? If so, then you should probably change that. Create a show with your lights on animation sequence, and schedule that show to run from whenever to 5pm. 

At 5pm schedule Show 2 to start. 

Hi Don, I created a silent musical sequence using audacity so I'm assuming that the software thinks that it's running a musical sequence. The show I created is a 2 second opening sequence, followed by 11:16 of a silent musical sequence followed by a 2 second closing sequence. Do I need more than one musical sequence for a show? I think I'm just going to do the single sequence and hopefully that fixes the problem. Do you anticipate a problem running a 55 min sequence?

Check your time for the initial show/sequence.  If you are running a separate show 5 times, your total time might be increasing if show 1 is slightly longer and the delay between each stop/start, adding to the total time.  Show 2 will not begin until your last show (fifth running of show 1) is over.  You can check length in the show log for each time Show 1 starts and stops then starts again in the show log.