Light-O-Rama Forums

Random channels not working

Mark J. M.

I need some help with my display. I think I may need to divide my setup into two networks but I am not sure. The problem: in several songs a random channel will not respond to the command to light. It happens in about 3-4 songs always the same songs always the same channels in that song. But the channels that do not respond are not the same in each song. I have recently added controllers to my display so I have updated the channel configuration file in all of my sequences.

I currently have 27 LOR 16 channel controllers. About half are Gen 3. I have very few lights on any individual channel. Any suggestions?  Thanks.

I would first run the LOR Verifier against your entire show and see what errors it finds. My first instinct in these cases is a duplicated channel of some sort.

I would first run the LOR Verifier against your entire show and see what errors it finds. My first instinct in these cases is a duplicated channel of some sort.

If it's the same channels in the same song, it sure sounds like a conflict that the verifier will find.

I have run the verifier. It is the same channel configuration for all of my songs so if there were an error, the conflict should occur in all the songs. Yet, it is a different channel or channels in each of about 3 songs. The only thing I can think of now is a communication error but that seems to be impossible since the problem always occurs in the same songs.

Thanks everyone. I have been doing this for a long time and I always forget about resetting the controller. That did the trick. Unfortunately I just had a circuit fried in another controller. I am out to replace it with a spare controller. Burned a hole through the board at channel 16. I never had this happen before and I can not see what caused it. My boxes are propped off the ground by breaks and the holes for cords have the foam that came with the case blocking the holes. Is it possible to use the rest of the channels that were not damaged?