Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 3.90 will not load

John (oldandslow)

My computer crashed and I couldn't repair LOR. I deleted LOR completely and download 3.90 and it will not load. I got a message that said it could not install and verify that it was a window program.

Any Ideas if windows 7 has to be completly reinstalled or do I have other problems?

John (oldandslow)

I would try downloading it again.

If that doesn't help, please reply with the exact error message, in full, word for word.

Thanks for the reply. The message reads

" This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package"

Did you try downloading it from the website again?

Yes, 3 times 2 from saved downloads and once straight run all with the same exact message. I was wondering if maybe my license downloads expired I think this is the forth computer I put it on and I also had to reinstalled it when my vista crashed on one of my old computers.

Do you think I might have to reinstall windows 7?

It's almost certainly not related to your license.

We actually have two download sites.  Maybe try it from one, and then if that fails again, try it from the other? They are:

www1.lightorama.com/downloads/3.9.0/LOR-3.9.0.exe

www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.9.0/LOR-3.9.0.exe

Hi Bob,

I'm having trouble reinstalling some other programs so I'm going to do a full factory recover on Sunday and start reinstalling my programs.

I will let you know the outcome. Thanks for your help.

John

Bob, I completely reinstalled windows and downloaded and installed 3.90. I'm happy to say everything is working OK. I'm sure it was corrupted

window 7 files.

Thanks for your help and concern with my problem.

John (oldandslow)