Light-O-Rama Forums

Counting channels

MikeSD

There is a video on the LOR website (first one).  In that video it has some text that says

"26 Cosmic Ribbons" and ends with "900 LOR Control Channels"

So, I'm a bit confused.

26 CCR is 150 channels (and some macro channels).  26 * 150 = 3900 channels.  So these 26 ribbons can hardly be controlled by only 900 LOR Channels.  I must be misunderstanding what "channels" means.

* Isn't channels just a single row in the S3 software?

Are CCR typically controlled in macro mode, to reduce channels?  How many channels to control a CCR, if using only in macro mode?

Mike

There is no required way to count channels. Some people count RGB as one channel when stating how many they have. Some count RGB as 3 channels in there claim to fame.

You can control a CCR by the Macro channels. With out looking, I think there are 7 macro channels (maybe 6) per ribbon. I think most (not all) do not use the macro channels for sequencing.

Steve

Mike

You can control a CCR by the Macro channels. With out looking, I think there are 7 macro channels (maybe 6) per ribbon. I think most (not all) do not use the macro channels for sequencing.

Steve

That's kind of why I was confused by the equipment list in the video on the LOR website.  IF there are 26 CCR, that alone takes 3900(or 1300) channels.  So how they come up with 900 LOR channels is confusing.  Unless they mean standard LOR controller only (i.e. the 16 channel one).

Edited by MikeSD

There is a video on the LOR website (first one).  In that video it has some text that says

"26 Cosmic Ribbons" and ends with "900 LOR Control Channels"

So, I'm a bit confused.

26 CCR is 150 channels (and some macro channels).  26 * 150 = 3900 channels.  So these 26 ribbons can hardly be controlled by only 900 LOR Channels.  I must be misunderstanding what "channels" means.

* Isn't channels just a single row in the S3 software?

Are CCR typically controlled in macro mode, to reduce channels?  How many channels to control a CCR, if using only in macro mode?

It is listing the equipment he has not how many channels.

"1 million lights, 2400 strobes, leaping arches, shooting stars, RGB floods, 26 cosmic color ribbons and over 900 channels of Light-O-Rama controllers."

It is listing the equipment he has not how many channels.

"1 million lights, 2400 strobes, leaping arches, shooting stars, RGB floods, 26 cosmic color ribbons and over 900 channels of Light-O-Rama controllers."

I guess what you are suggesting is that in addition to the CCR and strobes, etc, there are other controllers, totalling 900 channels, for other things.

I may not be explaining my confusion well enough but you should be able to see where I'm confused. ;)

Edited by MikeSD