Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a Light-O-Rama Software Instruction Book?

Guest guest

momawreck wrote:

BvrBru1 wrote:
TSO's "Christmas Eve Sarajevo,"
TSO's "A Mad Russian's Christmas,"

May I ask what is TSO?

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has music that has been used for a number of animation sequences by Planet Christmas members. And of course Wizards in Winter used by Carson that 2-3 people :laughing: may have seen in a Bud Lite commericial.

momawreck wrote:

BTW,

Is there a way for me to do my music sequence in animation?

Can you clarify that question just a bit?
I'm not quite sure what you are wanting to know.

ok,

I did a music sequence to a manneheim steamroller song. It will be for a 30 ft tree that will be completely covered in white lights. Over the white lights there will be a ribbon of green lights going side to side from the top of the tree to the bottom, like a garland. Then I will intersperse about 38 lighted red bows between the rows of green garland.

My question is, can I create the tree in an animation sequence so that I may see how the different elements will play?

momawreck wrote:

My question is, can I create the tree in an animation sequence so that I may see how the different elements will play?

Ok... Here is where LOR's "Over Use" of the word animation makes things confusing.

What you want is an Animation (not an animation sequence).... You get to Animations using the "View Animation" button.

You can get somthing that will look a bit like you are saying. The next question is how many channels are you using in the sequence?

Simply put below (the help menu on LOR)

Animations

Each sequence that you create may have an animation associated with it. This animation is a simple drawing of the layout of the lights that will be used in the sequence. When you play a sequence using the Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor, you can also watch the sequence’s animation. The drawing will change as if it were the lights that the sequence controls – parts of the drawing turning on and off, fading up and down, twinkling, and shimmering, just as the sequence commands.

When you first open a new animation up, it looks like this:

“Rows” and “Columns” allow you to specify the number of rows and columns that are displayed in the grid.

You can select one of three tools: “Draw”, “Erase”, or “View”. Selecting “Draw” will cause the dropdown list of channels next to it to become active; you can then select a channel to draw for. The drawing that you do will be in the same color as you assigned to that channel. For example, the following drawing uses three channels of three different colors:

While “Draw” is active, you can also erase cells by using the right mouse button.

The “1”, “2”, and “3” here are, of course, only for demonstrative purposes – an animation would typically be used to give a rough view of how your real lights will be layed out.

When “Draw” is selected, the parts of the drawing relating to the current channel will be displayed at full intensity, and other channels will be displayed with somewhat muted intensities.

“Erase” allows you to erase parts of the drawing.

“View” displays the entire drawing (with all channels at full intensity).

You can zoom in or out using the “Zoom In/Out” slider.

Finally, you can clear the drawing – wiping out everything that you have drawn – using the “Clear” button.

An animation is associated with a particular sequence. When you save the sequence, you are also saving its animation. There is no need to (and in fact no way to) save the animation separately.