Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a Light-O-Rama Software Instruction Book?

Guest guest

There is no reason to try to GUESS what the sale will be. I suggest planning on spending full price, and whatever the sale is GREAT!! If you plan on a 15% off sale and it's only 7% you will be disappointed, and there's no logic in that.

Richard III wrote:

i am a new be

Is there a tutorial 2

one that explains the music sequence

Yeah where is tutorial number 2?

I'd like to do my thing directly to the music, and can't figure out that grid.

HELP

LightORama wrote:

Richard III wrote:
i am a new be

Is there a tutorial 2

There will be one by the end of next week.

That's GREAT Dan, please anounce it when it's available. :waycool:

Tom

Richard III wrote:

~COST~

i am a new be and this is my first posting

i am just disscovering LOR

about how much dose the sale in april bring the cost to

just a rough estimate.

Richard III,

We have not set the prices. The only thing that is known is that the controllers will be the lowest prices we will offer them this year. You should budget yourself at full price and realize that you will be saving money and in April. The discount is not going to be huge. I think the most we ever had off on the controllers was 20%.

• 2 weeks later...

LightORama wrote:

Richard III wrote:
i am a new be

Is there a tutorial 2

Hey Dan, it's been about 10 days since this post shown above and was just wondering if the LOR tutorial 2 was out? I searched the site and couldn't find any tutorials? Am I looking in the wrong areas?

Thanks, Tom

Richard III wrote:

~COST~

i am a new be and this is my first posting

i am just disscovering LOR

about how much dose the sale in april bring the cost to

just a rough estimate

Unfortunately we do not have the prices set for the sale yet. No rough estimates but we will have a flier out late this month or early next month that will have the answers.

Mr. Light-O-Rama:

I'm guessing that demand for the LORs are going to be in great demand this year. I've been reading posts and it sounds like PlanetChristmas has grown 3fold since the Carson Williams sequence was featured in the Miller Lite Commercial.

Any chance for an early-bird sale? If we pre-order now, can we be guaranteed an LOR? I'd hate to see them get all sold-out within a few days of going on sale.

Also, when they do finally go back on sale (website says you're still sold out until mid February) when are they shipped? If we order in April, are they shipped in a few days or in October?

Thanks!

Paul

BvrBru1 wrote:

Mr. Light-O-Rama:

I'm guessing that demand for the LORs are going to be in great demand this year. I've been reading posts and it sounds like PlanetChristmas has grown 3fold since the Carson Williams sequence was featured in the Miller Lite Commercial.

Any chance for an early-bird sale? If we pre-order now, can we be guaranteed an LOR? I'd hate to see them get all sold-out within a few days of going on sale.

Also, when they do finally go back on sale (website says you're still sold out until mid February) when are they shipped? If we order in April, are they shipped in a few days or in October?

When we have the sale in April, we will have product in stock. If we sell out of an item there are two things we could do. 1. Stop selling that item, 2. Take the order at the sale price for delivery later in the year. We have not decided if it will be #1 or# 2.

Santas Helper wrote:

LightORama wrote:
Richard III wrote:
i am a new be

Is there a tutorial 2

Hey Dan, it's been about 10 days since this post shown above and was just wondering if the LOR tutorial 2 was out? I searched the site and couldn't find any tutorials? Am I looking in the wrong areas?

Thanks, Tom

Uh-um - Any idea of the above question?

Santas Helper wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
LightORama wrote:
Richard III wrote:
i am a new be

Is there a tutorial 2

Thanks, Tom

Uh-um - Any idea of the above question?
Yes... I had hoped to have it out by Yesterday ( ie. "The end of next week" in the post above.)... I think they will have it completed today or tomorrow.

Cool Dan and thanks,

how will we be notified? Also, I couldn't find the first one on the LOR website. Where will be it be located?

Sorry if I overlooked it but I couldn't find it (the 1st tutorial that is)

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Also, I couldn't find the first one on the LOR website. Where will be it be located?

We will add these to the Support page. Currently the first one is located on the demo download page. ( Gee I wonder why you didn't find it :)).....

I will post something here when it is ready. We are working on the mailing list but it will be a little while before we start using it for notifications.

Richard III wrote:

How is tutorial 2 coming along. I am wondering because i havent heared anything for two weeks.

:tree:

Thank you

Dan
Yes it has taken longer than expected. As I understand it, software being used to produce the demo has some bugs in it so that the sound and screen image are not in sync. I believe that issue has been resolved or there is a workaround so we should expect something shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

All:

I need some help here.

I have already Sequenced TSO's "Christmas Eve Sarajevo," having drawn MY house, MY windows, MY trees, MY driveway, etc. I have 16 channels. (Actually, I don't have 16 channels yet. But I will come April when they are back on sale and in stock.)

A friend of mine e-mailed me his 32-channel sequence of TSO's "A Mad Russian's Christmas," which is drawn using HIS house, HIS windows, HIS trees, HIS driveway, etc.

In an effort to not recreate the wheel, I am attempting to cut-and-paste 16 of his 32 Mad Russians channels into MY Christmas Eve Sarajevo, and Save As "A Mad Russian's Christmas" with the net effect being HIS animation but with MY house outline.

Trouble is, when I cut-and-paste his animation sequences, the animation gets copied, but the timing does not get copied. I can't seem to get the timing to copy over. All cells are the same length in my copied to file.

Does anyone know how to remedy this situation?

I should mention that I am currently using the demo version available for download at lightorama.com. I was planning on buying the full version in April when the controllers are on sale and in stock.

Thanks!

Paul

BvrBru1 wrote:

[sNIP] Trouble is, when I cut-and-paste his animation sequences, the animation gets copied, but the timing does not get copied. I can't seem to get the timing to copy over. All cells are the same length in my copied to file. [sNIP]

With the current version of software you cannot copy the timing. What you need to do is start with the 32 channels and add your 16 channels to it. Then you can cut and paste into your 16 channels. When done, delete the original 32 channels.