Light-O-Rama Forums

Great First Night

Push Eject

Lights on last night and the LOR II show went great, start to finish.

I didn't bother trying a startup or shutdown musical sequence, but I know that will come soon.

Met some great people who stopped to watch and drank some fantastic Christmas beers!

Thanks, everyone.

Gratuitous controller shot:
controllers07.jpg

Push Eject wrote:

Hey, thats my house....NOT

Looks great, when's the next video???

Also, wondering how you are putting audio on you videos? I have a couple of cameras, but having troubles figuring out how I want the audio for it. Yours sounds great :)

Chuck N

cenote wrote:

wondering how you are putting audio on you videos? I have a couple of cameras, but having troubles figuring out how I want the audio for it. Yours sounds great :)

Chuck N

Thanks, Chuck, and good question. I filmed that around midnight last night so I definitely did not have outdoor speakers on.

After filming the sequence looping a few times I digitized the video and entirely deleted the recorded sound. Then I synced up the sequence's sound file (wav or mp3) in my video editing program and exported it as a new video file in youtube's favorite format. Here's a link to a how-to on that.

If that doesn't make sense I am happy to explain further.

I use Final Cut to edit video, but any video editor that lets you replace the sound track will work.

Cheers,
Charlie

cenote wrote:

Dude, I need a job I don't have to get @ 5:00am for.

Keep up the great posting and lights.

Truth-be-told, I have to be up at 6am. :/

Here are two more I recorded tonight:

Cheers,
Charlie

Charlie, The girls sound adorable and your 'Radio-Voice' is spot on.

I'm going to have to quiz you about how you did the three arches; very neat effect. How many channels are you using on each one? Is the support custom or something you bought?

Steve Nanning wrote:

I'm going to have to quiz you about how you did the three arches; very neat effect. How many channels are you using on each one? Is the support custom or something you bought?

Steve, thanks for the kind words.

The best how-to for the arches I've found is

I use 7 channels per arch as mine are only 10' long and stand about 2' tall.

::: Best Maxwell Smart voice :::

Ahh, the old "Wrap the Lights around a piece of PVC Pipe Trick", eh?

[/voice]

I'll have to add that to my future bag o' tricks/wish list.

(umm, honey? How 'bout we shoot for 64 channels next year instead of 32? Honey? Sweetie? Watcha doin' with that frying pan?)

Steve Nanning wrote:

I'll have to add that to my future bag o' tricks/wish list.

(umm, honey? How 'bout we shoot for 64 channels next year instead of 32? Honey? Sweetie? Watcha doin' with that frying pan?)

Repeat after me... "Honey, it's for the kids."

Great intro..... My I ask where you got the defective THX intro? I remembering seeing it in a movie or something, but can't remember where.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Push Eject wrote:
Repeat after me... "Honey, it's for the kids."

Yep! Namely that 46 year old kid over there to the left with the headphones on listening to Snoopy and the Red Baron...

:) !!! totally

Great intro..... My I ask where you got the defective THX intro? I remembering seeing it in a movie or something, but can't remember where.

I grabbed the first DVD my eyes fell on from the rack in living room, I think it was "Cars". I edited quite a bit out in the middle of the sound file. The "fixing", tinkering went on for much longer.

Charlie