Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence>Show>Scheduler Problem

jeffcurran

Hi All,

Newbie.

I live in a community where I cannot use music as part of the show. So, I use an animated sequence instead of a music based sequence. I have a 2-1/2 minute animated sequence. I have loaded this sequence into the Show Editor. I have loaded this Show into the Schedule Editor. I have Enabled the Schedule. The show runs until the end of the sequence and then stops. I was expecting that it would just start over again, i.e., loop. The show is set to "play sequentially".

Jeff,

Welcome aboard.

I have zero experience with the animated vs. musical, so I'm really not the one to answer your question.

But I can, and just did, bump you back to the top so to keep your question out front.

Good luck

What tab on the show editor did you load your a nation sequence?

It's on the Animation Tab. Options are Turn Used Lights Off "Unchecked", Play Concurrently "Unchecked", Play sequentially "Checked".

Jeff,

Welcome aboard.

I have zero experience with the animated vs. musical, so I'm really not the one to answer your question.

But I can, and just did, bump you back to the top so to keep your question out front.

Good luck

Thank You!!

I'm assuming your community doesn't allow external music to the yard, therefore your animation....but....what about using an FM transmitter and broadcast to the cars driving by, therefore you have musical sequences?

I ran a test. I made a copy of my animation file and placed it as the second sequence in the Show Editor. The show ran the first sequence, but did not move on to the second sequence.

As for FM, there are no drive by's. We're in a gated community at the end of a cul-de-sac. The light show is for the enjoyment of the immediate residents.

I'll make some musical sequences and try them. The music doesn't have to play, it just allows me to use the .lms file type instead of a .las file type.

I made a 20 second mp3 file. I created 4 sequences with 4 different 20 second effects. Inserted the sequences on the Musical tab of the Show Editor. Ran the show on the Scheduler. 

It worked fine. It went from sequence, to sequence, and back to the beginning. Over and over. So I'll make a silent mp3 five minutes in length. I'll break it into 1/2 second grid intervals. And build my animations as silent musical sequences.

It would be nice if the Scheduler could be bypassed completely by adding manual Start and Stop buttons in the Show Editor. I would just assume turn the show on and off when I want to. The scheduler is great in commercial applications where nobody is there to start the show. But for residential, I just assume have manual control.

First, regarding your suggestion of a way to start/stop shows outside of the schedule: You might be interested in the "show on demand" feature.  You can find info on it in the help file here (search the page for "show on demand"):

http://www.lightorama.com/help/index.html?control_panel.htm

With that said: What verison of LOR are you using? How long is your show scheduled to run? Do you have any sequences in the show other than this one sequence in the Animation tab?

@ admin, Thank you for responding.

I have LOR 3.12.0 Basic. Show On Demand is grayed out, so I'm guessing that I need to upgrade for the feature. It is exactly what I suggested above. Thank you for pointing it out.

Everything else is working just fine now. I'm very satisfied.

Thanx to all for assisting.

Jeff,

I have run animation shows as my year round landscape lighting for 3 years or so.  For Christmas 2012 & 2013 I ran an animation show using a pixel tree and star.  Last year I think there were something like 25 sequences in the animation tab. No problem with having shows with multiple animations.  I would wonder what the show status monitor shows.  That will give you a pretty good idea what is happening.

I made a 20 second mp3 file. I created 4 sequences with 4 different 20 second effects. Inserted the sequences on the Musical tab of the Show Editor. Ran the show on the Scheduler. 

It worked fine. It went from sequence, to sequence, and back to the beginning. Over and over. So I'll make a silent mp3 five minutes in length. I'll break it into 1/2 second grid intervals. And build my animations as silent musical sequences.

It would be nice if the Scheduler could be bypassed completely by adding manual Start and Stop buttons in the Show Editor. I would just assume turn the show on and off when I want to. The scheduler is great in commercial applications where nobody is there to start the show. But for residential, I just assume have manual control.

I do not have any musical sequences just animations.  I have all of them in the musical tab. The show will loop back and run the entire time it is scheduled.  I have never tried them in the animation tab.

Edited by KStatefan