Light-O-Rama Forums

easy way to plug cords into hard LOR?

medman2000

Hopefully it isn't just me.... :shock: but does anyone else find that sometimes it is near impossible to plug an extension cord into one of the 16 LOR channel cords? I still have 64 more cords to connect before tonight, and my arms are almost numb from struggling with some of these connections?

Any tricks? Wiggle and jiggle just doesn't cut it on some of these :D

Well, went to see the doctor afterwork and was diagnosed with bilateral tendinitis - she said I have the equiv. of tennis elbow from the motion used to plug in the new cords. I'm hiring a guy to plug the rest in for me (that was a tough phone call to make!). Glad I only have to go through this once per new controller.

medman2000 wrote:

Well, went to see the doctor afterwork and was diagnosed with bilateral tendinitis - she said I have the equiv. of tennis elbow from the motion used to plug in the new cords. I'm hiring a guy to plug the rest in for me (that was a tough phone call to make!). Glad I only have to go through this once per new controller.

My gawd -- you know you have too many channels when you have to get medical help after plugging everying in! :shock:

-Tim

same thing here...3 controllers and all the extension cords i had had to be FORCED in...the vampire plugs on the cords i made went in nicely though

and tim...you can never have too many channels lol

Ok, an update. Medically, things are getting worse for me as I continue to try and plug in my last three controllers. Sucks for me, so be it. But I really am stuck, because the extension cords just won't go in to the LOR controller - my brother came out to help and he couldn't get them in either (about half of the cords per controller box won't accept the extension cords).

So, we cut the power and decide we'll put a screwdriver into the LOR cords and try to loosen things just a bit so they can actually accept the extension cords. Worked like a charm, things seem like I might be able to finally plug everything in before Christmas now.

Well, until box #3 - 12 of the cords accepted the extension cords ok, 4 of them "pulse" when I plug in the lights - alternating the lights from full to half-power in just those for channels. I plugged a dremmel into one of the cords as a test, and it is "Buzz...nothing...buzz....nothing" - rebooting/resetting didn't help, so suspect damage to the cord.

1) any easy non-electrician fix for this - I need the controller and no extras without shutting down another tree/bush?

2) any other ideas on how to prepare the LOR cords to actually accept an extension cord? I can understand my limitations now that I have tendinitis from the first boxes, but my brother with no arm damage can't get them in either.

Thanks!

FBW4 wrote:

Where are you located?
RW

I'm in Minnesota - which makes dealing with this even that much more of a bummer because I'm trying to plug these cords in at temps as low as -3 last night. Just to note, though, this was a problem when the temps were in the 40's too.

:)