Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't Get Sub-Sequence to Play from Main Sequence

jimswinder

I have a Superstar sup.lms sequence trying to play from a main sequence (always worked before) and the subsequence will not play.

If I play the sup.lms file on its own from the Squence Editor it plays just fine.

I have all the cells filled in on the Sub Sequence line and have double and triple checked that I have the correct SubSequence File loaded into the Channel Settings for the SubSequence....even the audio file is correct and loading.

What am I missing???

Edited by jimswinder

Doing the exact same thing you are, same results.

Tried using subsequences this year, poor results. Sometimes played, most of the time did not; gave up using them and just edited the sequence with lots of copying and pasting

First thing I'd try would be running the Verifier against the main sequence.

Ok..did that..don't see anything unusual..what would I be looking for in particular?

Try going to the first cell of the sub sequence and right click, select row, then click on. See if it will play.

Tried your suggestion...same results...nothing...

Ok..did that..don't see anything unusual..what would I be looking for in particular?

Well, warnings about channel conflicts come to mind, but anything the Verifier says should be looked into.

In any case, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following information:

(1) This thread's URL, which is:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/34208-cant-get-sub-sequence-to-play-from-main-sequence/

(2) The sequence in question.

(3) The output of the LOR Diagnostic tool.

Well, warnings about channel conflicts come to mind, but anything the Verifier says should be looked into.

In any case, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following information:

(1) This thread's URL, which is:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/34208-cant-get-sub-sequence-to-play-from-main-sequence/

(2) The sequence in question.

(3) The output of the LOR Diagnostic tool.

Hey Bob...I will do that next time I am at the house where the show is...might be Saturday but more than likely not til Monday.

And when you say LOR Diagnostic Tool, do you mean the Verifier?

Edited by jimswinder

just tried the same sequences at my other house...same exact set up, except this computer is Windows 7..other one is XP...

playing the sup.lms file plays fine...but won't play from main sequence...